the weight of water, the way you taught me to look past everything

Lloyd fluttered his eyes open. In my hand I held a lit cigarette and Lloyd's slick iPhone 6 whatever.

"Morning Green Boy", I ruffled Lloyd's hair and laughed to myself in a deep lower toned voice.

Lloyd looks startled to see him and I still in the same position we had gotten comfortable in late last night after talking and arguing.

"Why do you have my phone? And why haven't we moved to the bed?", He looked around the room wide awake and alert.

The windows were filled with morning dew and fog from the A/C blowing up on it.

"Just looking at you and Jay's messages. Seems like here I'm a 'rotten no good hoodlum'. Hmm.. That's interesting because last night I was an amazing boyfriend, according to your dream", I rested my head on my tensed up hand.

"Listen that was", I interrupted Lloyd.

"A day ago", My lips quivered. Not from sadness or nervousness but just from anger. I guess.

Lloyd snatched his phone from my hand
and collapsed back onto my flexed body. He laid his head on my abs and turned on the flatscreen tv.

"Jee, no explanation there I guess", my voice sounded so arrogant.

Lloyd just shook his head and curled up tight against my muscular body stealing my
body heat.

"Sorry for even trying to be here for you", I sighed annoyed with Lloyd's attitude towards this discovery.

"It's your fault for snooping around in my business, just so you could get hurt and start a goddamn argument", Lloyd muttered quickly.

I couldn't believe what I had heard. I blurted out, "I fucking hate arguing! It makes me
feel like I'm being beaten a thousand times by a hammer because I always know that the
other person will win".