waiting for the hint of a spark

POV Lloyd

     My body felt warm. I awoke in a cold sweat. My hair patted down and my body curled into a ball. Heavily, I breathed in a panic.

"Where am I?", I cried, "where am I?".

The room was pitch black and silent. A cigarette smell lingered in the open air. I tried to use all my senses to figure out where I was. This felt like an unfamiliar place, which obviously didn't help with the great hunt of finding out where I was.

"Please help me", my cries were hoarse and muted by the many sheets on the bed.

A heavier went crossed over my body and pulled me towards the side.

"Don't worry, you're okay", a voice echoed through the cold, dark room.

"I don't feel okay", my reply was blunt.

The person sat me up next to them and pressed my head against their chest. They held my close and rubbed my arms, comforting me. I closed my eyes and tried to stop myself from panicking, though I was in complete paranoia.

"Lloyd, it was just a dream. You're okay babe", the person looked into my eyes and flicked on the lamp with his free hand.

Everything slowed down as I stared into their doe-like eyes.

"I'm okay", I muttered and laughed.

"You're okay".

"It was just all a dream?", I grabbed the boys face and pulled it in for a kiss.

"Yes, we gotta get to work and hurry get outta here before the rest walk in!", the boy pushed me off of him.

He stood up and pulled on his tight red shirt that showed his muscles, his black leather jacket, and black tight jeans, then picked up his shoes gave me a kiss, lit a cigarette and ran out.