the first time that I felt connected to anything

POV Kai's

I stared at the warm glow of the person kneeling by me. I knew who they were but meeting them this time felt different. This time it felt gawky and novel. He seemed to be acting ludicrous and twitchy. He held my hand and smiled widely exposing all his white teeth. My eyes widened and I tilted my head at this behavior of his.

"You can stop", I pursed my lips and tapped his head to push him back off of my tensed arm.

"I love you", He cried with such intensity and passion in his soft tone of voice.

My arms lay perfectly still near my uncomfortable, absurd positioned, tensed up body. Dust spiraled around the room and resided down to the ground with a musty aroma. My lungs whiffed it into my system and drained it out with a sigh.

"Can we leave?", I stared in a deadlock with the novel person.

"Um.... Yeah-Yeah", He smiled calmly and grabbed my hand.

I stood up, still dressed in my black skinny jeans and black leather jacket. My red tight shirt had black tar streaks across the front of it indicating I was in a car accident or motorcycle by the way I was dressed and looking. He escorted me out talking all about the crash. He said it was his fault. He said he was sorry. He kept saying he loved me. He said he regretted everything but loving me.