just give me a chance to hold on

POV Kai's

        Lloyd always had an amatory sense to him. It radiated off of him like nuclear waste. I fondly remember one time how Lloyd plainly went up to a bar to order a simple sprite and ended up having him fall head over heals in the bilious sense of love.

"You're not who you're supposed to be", I stumbled onto my feet and shoved Lloyd back, "I'm not who I'm supposed to be".

Lloyd cracked his knuckles and devilishly smirked at me stumble around. The air felt cool and crisp as we inhaled. A hazy cloud formed as we exhaled around our faces. Cars sped around the parking lot, eyeing our situation.

"I'm red, a deep blood red", Lloyd covered his face with his hands, "and you're?".

I choked on my words, "a plum purple, a crisp plum purple", my voice was becoming hoarse.

Lloyd hummed a low hum and turned away from me to face the car, "you were the bad guy. The one that we all were supposed to be mad at".

"That's changed", I laughed.

The snow covered the ground in a cold blanket. Grass wasn't even to be seen around us. Cars honked and yelled asking if we're okay. We lied and said yeah just a friendly business discussion. Pedestrians would find a way around us.

Lloyd laughed a bit, "I just want to have a life that's not filled with morning over a loss, like our ninja gig. That wasn't meant to be".

I'm starting to think now that nothing's actually meant to be. It just sorta happens. A baleful scent came out of his next sentence. It was sharp and painful.

"You've ruined me as well as everyone else", he swung at the top of my head with an open fist.