before the lions take their share

POV Lloyd

    I held his clammy hand as he slept next to me in the passenger seat of the black leather car seats. His hair greasy and messy from the lack of showering. Still amazingly perfect though.

"Did you get him?", Jay spoke through the car phone.

"Yeah".

"Meet you at your place?", he wondered.

"Sure".

Regret isn't exactly the word I'd use to put on how I was feeling about the way I treated him. It was more guilt then anything. He tried everything to get better, but nothing ever actually helped.

"Good sleep?", I asked him as I parked the car.

Jerking his neck up he nodded and scooted up in the seat he was lounging in.

"I'll pay you back", he was hoarse from the deep sleep he was recently in.

Shaking my head I placed my hand on his thigh. That made him shutter and twitch his head to stare at me.

"I got you out of that place to tell you one thing and one thing only", I paused, "I love you Kai".

Kai opened his mouth to speak but couldn't. He was speechless and stunned.

"It's been so long. You sent me to jail-", I interrupted him.

"I got you out too", leaning into him we exchanged breath.

Kai shoved me away from him. He was irate with me and opened the car door to walk away.