Chapter Two: Gosh Sakes

None of us wasted anytime. As soon the quinjet landed all of us non-fliers leapt into action.

I was fighting off several Hydra agents, ducking and forcing objects every which way. If any were able to get close to me I used the hand to hand Steve has been showing me to take them down. We've been practicing quite a lot, perfecting my combat fighting. I didn't want to rely on my powers, I needed to learn to control them more. I thought I knew everything there was to know about them, but I was wrong. Not only did what Pierce say sound true, but Steve and I saw it up close not too long ago. The memory of what happened still lingered in my mind. 

I was about to take another one down when I heard Clint's voice.

"Behind you," he said.

I turned and looked as he shot down an agent who had tried to sneak up on me.

"I had it," I told him, frustrated.

"I know you did," he replied shortly before heading off in another direction.

Then I heard the familiar sound of Steve's motorcycle coming up.

"Need some help?" I sent him in a brain message. I saw the slightest bit of a head nod as the motorcycle raced towards me. 

He drove by, I gripped onto him and slung myself onto the back of the motorcycle as he kept driving.

"Have I ever said it never gets old to watch you do that," Steve said cheekily.

"You're getting quite brave Rogers," I replied as I forced several of the agents back with my powers. These were the aspects of my powers I knew the best, I felt like I could control this portion of what I could do. 

"Shit," I heard Tony mutter into the head set all of us were wearing.

"Language!" Steve said quickly. I had to hold back a chuckle, because I knew he was somewhat serious. "Jarvis, what's the view from upstairs?"

"The central building is protected by some kind of energy shield. Strucker's technology is well beyond any other Hydra base we've taken," replied Jarvis' robotic voice.

"Loki's scepter must be here. Strucker couldn't mount this defense without it. At long last," Thor said. I knew this is what he has been waiting for.

"At long last is lasting a little long, boys," Natasha said this time into the earpiece.

"I agree, couldn't we be a little more efficient?" I asked, humor in my voice.

"Yeah, I think we lost the element of surprise," Clint's voice was next to enter the conversation.

"Wait no one else is going to deal with the fact that Cap just said 'language'. I mean c'mon Smith I thought you taught him better than that,"Tony said into the earpiece this time. I knew he wouldn't let that go.

"I know," Steve replied, obviously embarrassed.

"Listen, I was just as scared of it as you guys were," I said with a chuckle.

"You know what to do Morgan," Steve said. I teleported quickly off the bike, holding my breathe as I did so. Teleporting was something I have recently became very uneasy about. Steve flung the bike over his head and into one of the huge trucks.

"It just slipped out," he finished.

I forced his shield into the soldiers around me, knocking all of them out in a clean swipe. I turned to see Steve staring at me with a grin. I felt my face flush, I would never get used to the way he looked at me.

"May I have that back miss?" he asked me.

I forced the shield back into his hands. He caught it effortlessly. The two of us worked like a well oiled machine together.

Steve and I were standing side by side now. Awaiting a second batch of soldiers when a sudden gust of wind whizzed past us. Then before I knew it we were both on our asses.

Steve and I sent each other a look. Frantically getting to our feet.

"We have an enhancement in the field," Steve said into the earpiece, warning the rest of the members.

"Clint's hit!" Natasha said after Steve, her own voice wavering slightly. "Somebody want to deal with that bunker?"

Then I heard the Hulk roar and a loud explosion. I assumed he took care of it.

"Stark we really need to get inside," Steve said to Tony.

"Like today," I said to him as well. I was getting more and more anxious over the enhanced.

"I'm closing in," he said to us. "Drawbridge down people. Now get off my back Smith."

"The enhanced?" Thor asked Steve and I. His face stern as he scanned the field around us. 

"He's a blur. All the new player's we've faced, I've never seen this. In fact, I still haven't," Steve explained, his voice sounded somewhat worried. 

"Yeah he had us both down before we even knew he was there," I told Thor, who only shook his head in response.

The three of us were still fighting as best as we could. I was teleporting left and right, going where I could. Taking down as many soldiers as I could. With the help of both Steve and Thor, who were nearby.

"Clint's hit pretty bad, guys. We're gonna need evac," Natasha said once more, I could tell she was only going to keep worrying until we got him safely back onto the jet.

"Yeah my powers are getting drained. I won't be as useful much longer," I said, trying to get them to hurry this up. Even though I could still go for another hour.

"I can get Barton to the jet. The sooner we're gone the better. You two and Stark secure the scepter," Thor told the both of us.

"Copy that," we replied at the same time.

Then right before us the Hydra agents were all assembling.

"Aw it looks like they're lining up for us, so thoughtful," I said to the two of them.

"Well, they're excited," Steve replied. He held out his shield and Thor sent down a powerful hit with his hammer. It sent all of the Hydra agents flying backwards, no longer a problem.

"Find the scepter," Thor said once more before flying off into the sky.

"I think he wants us to get the scepter," I said turning to Steve.

"C'mon," he replied with a laugh and jogged off to where we were needed next.

"I'm just saying I think he wants us to get it for him. It's just a hunch really," I kept saying as I trailed behind him. "If we don't get it do you think he'll 'bring down the hammer' on our asses?"

"And for gosh sakes watch your language," Tony quipped back.

"That's not going away anytime soon," Steve said.

"I wouldn't count on it." 

~A/N Yay another chapter down! Please let me know how you liked it. I love seeing everyone's feedback. Also leave a vote, and share with your friends.. I really appreciate every single one of you who reads this!! You guys are awesome!~