Chapter Twelve: I Can't Loose You

Steve's POV:

After helping Morgan up, I saw her expression change quickly as her stared locked onto Pietro. That couldn't be a good sign.

"What's going?" I asked her quickly, grabbing her arm.

"I need to find Wanda," she to me, eyes searching madly around the area. Before I could stop her, she teleported away. I felt an anxiety wash over me knowing I couldn't help her if something went wrong if she did find the girl.

"Thor! Status?" I asked Thor as I walked over towards him.

"The girl tried to warp my mind. Take special care, I doubt a human could keep her at bay. Fortunately I am mighty," he said arrogantly as he walked away.

I went to walk off and find Morgan, to see if there was anything the two of us could do,but I felt a wave of something pass through me.

I had to quickly sit down, images overpowering my brain.

I was in the forties again, there was swing music playing all around me. Couples were dancing to the beat, looking happily around me.

All of sudden Morgan showed up in front of me. Her face lit up as she saw me. I looked down and noticed she was in a  beautiful white dress, her blue eyes standing out. Her hair pulled together in an updo that brought out her features on her face, every bit of her glowing. She looked absolutely beautiful.

"Are you ready to get  married?" she asked me, her eyes looking straight into mine. She held out a single hand for me to take.

I reached out to take it, but it was like trying to grab a ghost. Then suddenly she was ten feet in front of me, her hair now wildly around her. I could see dirt caked all over her face, the once white dress now stained with blood.

I ran as fast as I could, trying to get to her. She was sprawled out in front of an alter, no guests in the pews that were now all around me.

"We could have had everything," Morgan muttered, her voice growing distant.

I could feel tears rolling down my cheeks as I grabbed her hand in mine. It was cold as ice, and her once shining blue eyes now stone cold gray.

Then suddenly I felt myself wake from this nightmare I had just witnessed, my cheek stinging. I opened my eyes to see Morgan in front of me.

I grabbed her quickly into my arms, not believing it was real. I hugged her tightly, not wanting to let go. The horrible images still swimming in my head.

"Steve, you're hurting me," she breathed out, I released some of the pressure, but not letting go. Not yet.

"I can't loose you," I muttered over and over again as I buried my face in her hair.

She pulled away, grabbing both sides of my face in her tiny hands. I looked deep into her blue eyes, not ever wanting to forget what she looked like.

"Everything is alright Steve. I'm here okay," she told me, her voice soothing me. She gave me a quick kiss on the lips, something I desperately needed. She pulled away much too quickly and started look around frantically. "We need to get to the ship. Tony came and got Thor after he uh, helped Bruce. Clint has Natasha. We got to get out of here."

I stood to my feet, still not legging go of Morgan's hand. She didn't press the matter, didn't ask me what I saw. But, I  knew I would tell her. I needed to tell her.

I knew those images wouldn't be going away anytime soon. I saw my worst nightmare.

I would never let those dreams become reality.