Chapter Twenty-Five: Chaos

"Steve! Can you hear me!" I sent out in a brain message. Praying I would hear from him. There was nothing more that I wanted then to hear him answer me. Hoping nothing had happened to him. It was a long shot, I didn't even know if I could ever reach such a distance. But, Steve's mind was very familiar to me and we communicated a lot through my brain messages. If anyone could hear me from a great distance it would be him. Plus with all these new discoveries of my powers, who knew what I could truly do.

There was silence on my end, nothing coming through. I could feel myself begin to panic. What if something happened to him and I wasn't there for him?

I would never forgive myself if that happened.

Then Thor landed beside me, looking mighty as ever. His cape was billowing all around him, long hair doing the same. He turned and looked at me, I had never felt so small before. 

"I think Mr. Rogers has requested your presence," he told me, accent thick. Thor reached out his hand, signaling for me to take it. 

"Clint do you have this?" I asked him, not wanting to leave him behind. However at that moment Wanda came bursting through the door, sending robots flying every which way.

"I think you guys got this," I told him with a chuckle. I wrapped my arms around Thor's neck, holding on tightly as he lifted his hammer into the air. He carried us away quickly, but dropped me onto the concrete bridge, flying for a car that had flung off the side.

I dropped and rolled, he didn't necessarily give me an easy landing. I straightened myself up, wiping off as much dirt as I could.

"Steve!" I shouted, seeing him for the first time since we were separated. My anxiety slightly lowering as I saw him.

He turned seeing me, he let out a sigh of relief. Jogging towards me, both of us looking more relieved that the other was here now.

"This is crazy isn't it?" I gasped, trying to catch my breathe.

"I don't think it's going to get any easier," Steve replied, looking around at all the madness around us. 

However whatever second we had together, it was over. There were robots flying straight towards each of us. We both fought off several more robots, the craziness wasn't going to settle down for our 'little moment'.

"Cap, Smith, you got incoming," Tony said into our earpiece. I could hear the slight strain in his own voice, I knew he wasn't having any easier of a time than us. 

"Incoming already came in Tony," I said back to him as I teleported beside another robot, ripping it's head off. 

"Stark, you worry about bringing the city back down safely. The rest of us have one job; tear these things apart. You get hurt, hurt em back. You get killed, walk it off," Steve said into his own earpiece.

"Inspiring," I muttered as I dropped kicked a new robot coming straight for me. I forced apart his arms and flung him as far as I could.

Then Thor reemerged with the car he previously went after, it made the ground around me shudder.

A poor woman came out of the drivers seat and threw up. I couldn't help but feel for the woman.  

"What, were you napping?" Steve asked Thor. There was an easiness between the three of us, I let out a chuckle. 

"I was busy grabbing your girlfriend," Thor replied with a smile, but it didn't last long because Ultron came flying out of nowhere.

"Thor! You are bothering me!" Ultron screamed before snatching Thor into his grasp.

"Well that doesn't help," I muttered to Steve.

"Alright we're all clear here," Clint said into the earpiece before Steve could give me an answer.

After he talked to us several robots came flying after us. I teleported out of the way as Steve sent his shield into several of them. I forced his shield back around, knocking even more down.

He kicked one into a nearby abandoned car, then drop kicking his shield into its neck.

"We are not clear! We are very not clear!" Steve shouted as he slung another one over his shoulders.

"Alright coming to you," Clint replied.

Then the chaos only got worse, much worse.

~A/N I know this is a little different sequence of how things happened in the movie, but I changed it up for the book so please bare with me! Thank you all so much for reading this far and  I hope you have been enjoying it so far. As always please vote or comment if you enjoyed this chapter!~