Chapter Twenty-Three: Time To Fight

I entered the room right behind Steve, not quite sure how I felt about what we were about to do. I knew Ultron needed to go down, but he was dangerous. I wasn't quite convinced we'd all walk away from this. 

"You look worried," Steve said to me, grabbing my hand in his.

"It's nothing. I just don't want this to be our last fight," I told him truthfully. Not only did I love Steve but I loved being able to fight with the Avengers. To be able to help the world.

"It won't be. Don't think like that okay?" he said to me, squeezing my hands. He gave me a quick peck on the lips before turning to his supplies.

I let out a sigh before turning to my own set of stuff. I quickly slipped on my all black outfit, zipping it up.I slipped several knives here and there, not forgetting a single one. Not sure how knives would help with these robots but better safe than sorry.

"Ready?" Steve asked me, standing in the doorway. There was a sadness in his own eyes.

"Don't think like that," I told, my turn to be concerned. I watched his face cloud with confusion, then it lit up with realization. 

"You said you wouldn't read my mind," he said to me, he wasn't angry there was still sadness written all over his face.

"I know but that 'nightmare' she gave you, won't come true Steve. You're more than a war and I know you wouldn't let anything bad happen to me," I told him earnestly, hoping nothing bad would happen today.

He walked over towards me, engulfing me in a hug. We stood that way for another minute before finally pulling apart, knowing we had a job to do.

"Let's go kick some ass," I told him, smiling this time.

"Morgan how am I gonna marry someone with such a potty mouth," he said, smirking at me.

"I know you secretly love it," I said to him.

"What? How?" he asked me in disbelief.

"Mind reader remember?" I told him, smirking before leaving our room. He followed after me, still smiling over our exchange.

We walked down the hallway, hand in hand. Steve and I saw Tony and Vision, and decided to join the two of them. Suddenly the room grew serious, everyone of us thinking about what was to come.

"No way we all get through this. If even one tin soldier is left standing, we've lost. It's gonna be blood on the floor," Tony said seriously, looking between the three of us.

"I don't think we have plans tomorrow night," I told Tony. He gave me a nod, assuring me he knew what I meant. That Steve and I were in this for the long haul.

"I get first crack at the big guy. Iron Man's the one he's waiting for," Tony said to us. Obviously antsy to get this finished.

"That's true, he hates you the most," Vision informed us. I almost had to hold back a chuckle, it wasn't exactly appropriate at the moment. However, I knew Ultron definitely had some strong feelings for Tony and I knew they weren't lovey dovey.

"Ultron knows we're coming. Odds are we'll be riding into heavy fire, and that's what we signed up for. But the people of Sokovia, they didn't. So our priority is getting them out," Steve said, his inner leader coming out. I nodded in agreement and we all went to work.

Pietro flashed off, heading towards the fire station. Wanda used her mind control to get citizens out of their homes. I helped force those who couldn't walk or get around to safety buses.

Steve was by me in an instant.

"All they want is to live their lives in peace, Mo. That's not going to happen today. But we can do our best to protect them. And we can get the job done, that is what the Avengers are here for. We need to find out what Ultron's been building. Bruce went to find Romanoff, and we are clearing the field," Steve continued. "Keep the fight between us. You need to stay safe, we all do. Ultron thinks we're monsters and we're whats wrong with the world. This isn't just about beating him. It's about whether he's right."

With that pep talk, I went off to do my duty as an Avenger. I would fight not only for my life but everyone else's. Even if it was the last thing I would do. 

~A/N Okay so thanks to everyone who has been reading so far. Sooooo I am thinking of putting their wedding at the end of this book. What would everyone think about that? I think I really want Steve and Morgan to be married by Civil War, please let me know what you think in the comments. I love seeing everybody's feedback and this is something I would like to hear back about it. 

Also I re-watched Civil War today and have so so many ideas for my next book! I got so inspired!

As always please vote or comment if you enjoyed this chapter!~