Chapter Eighteen: Time For Revenge

We were once again gathered in the kitchen, ready for anything Ultron could throw at us. We were united right now, hopefully we could all stay that way.

"Alright, strictly recon. I'll hit NEXUS, I'll join you as soon as I can," Tony said to us.

"If Ultron really is building a body.." Steve started, but Tony interrupted him.

"He'll be more powerful than any of us. Maybe all of us. An android designed by a robot," Tony informed, his voice sound cryptic.

"You know I really miss the days when the weirdest thing science ever created was me," Steve said, a light smile on his face.

"I'll drop Banner off at the tower. Do you mind if I borrow Ms. Hill?" Fury asked us, gesturing towards Maria.

"She is all yours Fury," I told him. "What are you going to do anyways?"

"I don't know. Something dramatic, I hope," he said mysteriously before leaving the house with Maria.

After Clint finished his goodbyes, the four of us go into the Quinjet and headed for our destination.

Clint put the jet on auto pilot and headed towards Steve and I, we were sitting side by side discussing some plans regarding the missing person.

"Can I have a moment with her Steve?" Clint asked him, his eyes looking between the two of us. We halted the conversation we were having, not really wanting everyone to know our plans.

Steve gave me a questioning look, searching for an answer. I gave him a simple nod, telling him that I would be okay.

"I'll be over here," Steve said, heading towards Natasha, who turned our  way. She had a small smile on her face, most likely hoping Clint and I would squash this fight. I wasn't going to give in so easily. 

Clint stared at me anxiously, he looked lost onto what to do. I gestured toward the seat beside me.

"I won't bite," I told him. He gave me a wary look before taking a seat beside me.

"Maybe not but you pack a hell of a punch," he said to me, laughing nervously. His eyes staring at the wall behind me, not making any eye contact with me. 

"Let's get to the point Clint. What did you want to talk about? It has to be personal because you asked Steve to leave," I said bluntly. I didn't want to beat around the bush anymore, I just wanted to know why he lied to me. Why I wasn't important enough to know about his secret little family. 

"I wanted to explain myself," he replied, looking down at his hands.

"Yeah about your hidden family? The one I knew completely nothing about?" I asked him, spitting the words. The anger was bubbling inside me.

"Easy Morgan, don't let it get out of control," Steve sent me a brain message across the room. I could feel his eyes on me the entire time, I knew he didn't want my powers to get out of control, but I wasn't the best at keeping my emotions reined in.  I sent him a nod as I took a calm breathe, trying my hardest to stay level headed. 

"I mean just tell me what's going on," I said easily, trying not to get angry.

"I just, I don't know why," he said, letting out a sigh.

"Well that's not good enough Clint. Even Natasha knew. I thought of you as a brother and I thought you saw me as a sister," I said, standing to my feet. "If you can't event tell me the truth, well then I'm not wasting my time Barton."

I strode away from him, making my way back to Steve. He greeted me with concern on his face, grabbing my hand as told him what was said.

Natasha stood by silently, she didn't want to get in the middle of what was going on between Clint and I. I knew that if I were in her shoes I'd want the same, but it would be nice knowing she understood what I was going through. She obviously didn't though, she was included in his happily ever after. 

Clint walked uneasily to the front of the plane, once again taking over flying. He stayed silent the rest of the ride, I wasn't that talkative either. Steve and Natasha made small attempts of getting the two of us to chat, but it wasn't working. I was too angry and he was too proud.

We finally arrived to the U-Gin Genetic Research Lab, we landed close to the roof. It was in my sights, and Steve and I grabbed hands. I was going to teleport the two of us to the roof so we could get in and out quickly.

"Okay, just uh close your eyes, and I'll teleport us over there," I said, slightly unsure of myself.

"You can do this," Steve said to me, squeezing my hand.

I closed my own eyes and did what I was supposed to do. I felt the familiar whoosh as we were transported from one spot to another. I opened my eyes, praying we were both teleported in one piece.

"Are you okay?" I asked him.

"We made it in one piece so I would say you did a good job," Steve said with a grin. I let out a sigh of relief that I didn't realize I was holding.

"Alright, Morgan and I are going into the building. Two minutes. Stay close," Steve instructed. He and I ran down the stairs, heading into the lab. I felt horrified as I saw all the bodies strewn out around the place.

"Do you think we're too late?" I asked, but before I could assume the worst we saw Dr. Cho.

"Dr. Cho!" Steve shouted, walking over towards her. Her eyes were filled with shock, there was a terrified expression on her face. I went inside her mind and helped calmed it, we wouldn't be able to help her if she couldn't think straight.

"He's uploading himself into the body," she told us, still shaking from fear, but calmer than before. Her mind was less clouded. 

"Where?" I asked urgently.

"The real power is inside the cradle. The gem, the power is uncontainable. You can't just blow it up. You have to get the cradle to Stark," Dr. Cho said to us quickly. 

"First we have to find it," Steve said almost defeated.

"Go," Cho said to us. We didn't take any chances and ran as fast as we could out of there. We needed to find this cradle as quickly as possible.

"Did you guys copy that?" Steve said into the earpiece to Clint and Natasha.

"We did," Clint said simply.

"I got a private jet taking off, across town, no manifest. That could be him," Natasha informed us from the jet.

"There. It's the truck from the lab. Right above you Cap. On the loop by the bridge," Clint said in a hurry. "It's them. I got three with the cradle, one in the cab. I could take out the driver."

"Negative! If that truck crashes, the gem could level the city. We need to draw out Ultron," Steve shouted into the ear piece.

Steve and I took off at a run, on the same page. Not even needing to talk, we knew how the other worked.We jumped onto the roof of the truck. I did a front roll, trying to help with the impact.I didn't want to use my powers until necessary.

"Ready?" Steve asked me, staring into my eyes. I gave him a nod.

"Be careful," we both said at the same time to one another.

Then all hell broke loose. 

~A/N alright here is the next chapter! If you liked it please leave a vote or comment. I love to see feedback!

Do you think Clint and Morgan should make up? Or should her and Tony get on the same side?~