Chapter Eleven: Ship Happens

The entire team once again boarded the jet and we headed off towards the location we thought Ultron would be.

I was feeling much better after Steve and I had talked, but there was still self doubt coursing through my mind. But, after these last few days I felt even closer to Steve than I could have imagined. I knew without a doubt I had chosen the right man. He proved over and over again that he was the person for me.

The team was gathered around the small table in the jet, as the plane was on autopilot.

"Okay, Tony, Thor, Morgan, and I are going to face them first. We will be in the center of attention. Natasha and Clint you two are going to be in the shadows, watching our backs," Steve instructed the team.

"What about me?" Bruce asked, his brown eyes searching for an answer.

"You'll stay here and wait to see if we need a code green, alright?" Steve said to him. Bruce nodded in acceptance and walked towards the corner of the jet. I felt bad that it seemed we only needed him as the Hulk on these types of missions. I knew he wanted to be more involved, but as himself.

I walked over and sat down beside him, letting an easy silence fall over us for a moment .

"Well you know at least you don't have to walk around in skin tight leather from head to toe," I joked with him. An easy smile spread across his face.

"You know I like you Morgan, despite what Tony calls you," Bruce said with a laugh.

"I imagine he calls me a lot of things. His most favorite is probably traitor," I said with a bit of bitterness. I knew how much Tony couldn't stand what happened Washington. I also knew he was the only one who voted me off the team. He thought I couldn't be trusted. Maybe he was right. 

"You know he doesn't mean that, he just feels like something could go very wrong if Hydra were to get their hands on you again," Bruce said softly, trying to make me feel better. But, also trying to defend Tony.

"I know, it's okay. We all can't be perfect can we?" I asked him, staring straight ahead.

"No we can't," he muttered beside me. Both our moods seeming to be the same now. Another silence fell over us, it wasn't a weird silence, but there wasn't much left to say.

"I think you can be trusted you know," Bruce said, almost to where I couldn't hear him.

"You do?" I asked, skeptically. I knew all of the Avengers, besides Tony had forgiven me and seemed like everything was alright. However Bruce, although never unfriendly to me, was hard to read.

"I do. I saw the videos and I saw how you broke free. I don't think they'll ever get their hands on you again," he told me fiercely.

"Thank you. I can't tell you what that means," I told him honestly. It felt good to know I had another person on my side, another friend.

Before he could reply the jet came to a stop and Steve walked over toward us.

"We're here," he said, reaching out his hand for me to grab, I took it gratefully and hoisted myself up. I grabbed a few knives from the small compartment, sticking them in various places on my suit.

"You ready?" Steve asked me. "You know I hated the idea of you being front and center with us."

"I know, but I felt like I need to be there," I said, trying to explain once again.

He went to reply but Tony walked right in the middle of us, not seeming to notice he interrupted our conversation.

"Lets go lovebirds," he said quickly, as he summoned his suit to him.