Chapter Nine: Same Page?

Steve walked into our shared room not too long after I had stormed inside there. He sat down on the edge of the bed, where I was currently rolled up inside a blanket.

"What are you doing?" he asked with a chuckle. My eyes narrowed at him, I wanted to stay in my blanket burrito undisturbed. 

"Oh what do you care?" I shot at him. Even though I wasn't mad at him, my anger was still raging after what happened in there.

"Don't be like that," he replied, lying down beside me. He draped one of his arms over me. "You have every right to be mad about his comments, but before that, all of those snarky comments you were making at him aren't going to help anyone."

"They help me," I replied. "I also noticed Thor seemed to enjoy them."

Steve let out a snort. "Well, you were both on the same side in there."

"Well I wanted you on my side in there," I told him, turning over to face him. I watched as he drew in a breathe, finally seeing why I was being hostile towards him.

"I am always on your side. But, one of us need to be calm in there. You're temper was getting the best of you, I'm surprised steam wasn't blowing out of your ears," he answered. He grabbed onto my hand, I squeezed his back.

"Well what he said was a low blow, and it's not going to make anything easier between Stark and I. I don't see eye to eye with him, I don't agree with what he's done," I said, my anger starting to rise again as I thought more and more of what he said. "I couldn't control what was happening when Hydra grabbed me. He has no idea what he's talking about."

I was now standing, I had shot out of bed as my temper started to flare.

"I know, you're right, but be smart about it," Steve said to me. Grabbing both of my arms, and pulling me into a hug. "You know these new aspects of your powers get worse when you're angry. You're lucky Thor pulled you away, I felt one of the tables beside me start shaking in the lab."

"He just, he just makes me so mad Steve!" I shouted, flailing my hands in the air. I saw one of the dressers beside us start to shake, I had to take a deep breathe to calm myself. 

"I know, it'll be fine Morgan. Just remember, we're all fighting on the same side. We're all on the same team okay?" he asked me, peering into my eyes.

I sighed and finally understood what he meant by all of this. If we were all at each others throats nothing would be able to get done. Then, we wouldn't be able to help anyone.

"I hate when you're right," I sighed as I leaned into the hug, wrapping my arms tightly around him.

"Well I love you," he said, leaning down and kissing me.

"I love you too," I said after we pulled away. Both of us were grinning stupidly at one another. I was feeling much better now after speaking to Steve. He had a way of bringing out the good in me. Who knows what I would be like if he wasn't in my life.

"Now, come on, I think Maria has some information for us," Steve said as he lead me out of the room.

"Aye aye, Captain," I said sarcastically as I followed him.

We met Maria in the hallway, all three of us walking in sync.

"He's all over the globe. Robotic labs, weapons facilities, jet propulsion labs, reports of a metal man, or men, coming in and emptying the place," Maria informed us, her tone completely professional, as it mostly was.

"Any fatalities?" I asked her seriously.

"Only when engaged. Mostly guys left in a fugue state going on about old memories, worst fears, and something too fast to see," she replied .

"Maximoffs," I stated, thinking back to the young woman whose powers matched mine. 

"Well, that makes sense he'd go to them, they have something in common," Steve said to both of us, connecting the dots.

"Not anymore," she said, pulling up a picture on her tablet. There was a picture of Strucker's dead body on the screen. On the wall behind there was the word 'PEACE' written in blood.

"Poetic," I muttered, rolling my eyes. 

I then heard Clint's voice over on the side as we passed by. He was talking on the phone, muttering in hushed voices.

"Barton, we might have something," Steve addressed him, I watched as he stared at the phone in Clint's hand.

"Gotta go," Clint said into the phone, hanging up quickly. He slipped the phone in his pocket and walked our way.

"Who was that?" Steve asked him.

"Girlfriend," he muttered. I let out a snort, and gave Steve a shrug as he gave me a questioning look. Clint sent me a death glare, which I gladly returned.

As soon as everyone was gathered in the room, Steve showed the rest of the team the picture of Strucker. There was a small silence in the room.

"What's this?" Tony asked, the first one to speak up.

"It's a message," I replied, one of the first civil thing I've said to him.

"Oh she speaks?" he asked, a smirk spreading on his face.

I sent him a glare, choosing to hold back. I was trying my hardest to bite my tongue, but it was becoming really difficult.

"Ultron killed Strucker," Steve informed everyone.

"And he did a Banksy at the crime scene, just for us," Tony said.

"This is a smokescreen. Why send a message when you've just given a speech?" Natasha asked out loud. She had her eyebrows furrowed, trying to understand what was going on.

"Strucker knew something that Ultron wanted us to miss," Steve concluded.

"Yeah, I bet he," she started, looking over the computer monitor. "Yep. Everything we had on Strucker has been erased."

"Not everything," Tony said, and I knew exactly what he was hinting at.

"You may actually have a good idea going here Stark," I smirked at him, the two of us finally on the same page. "C'mon everyone, we have some digging to do."

~A/N Another chapter down! I hope everyone has been enjoying this book, I have been working really hard on this one. So please give me feedback by leaving a vote or comment, it means the world to me!~