Chapter 3

After PreCalc Will and I had lunch, thankfully Octavian went to 3rd period so I wouldn't have to deal with him.

As Will and I walked into the lunch line I turned to him and sighed.

"What is it?" He asked.

"This is y-your chance to make friends, you should do it during lu-lunch."

He looked shocked "I thought we were friends."

I just stared at him in disbelief, nobody had ever been so direct about wanting to be friends with me before. I shook my head, wanting him to stay around me would make him a target as well, I really didn't want to do that.

"G-go make friends. Y-you seem n-nice enough, they'll l-like you," I muttered, waving towards the cafeteria.

"I've already got all the friends I need Neeks, now let's hurry up, we're holding up the line."

I blushed hard when he called me Neeks, he had given me a nickname that wasn't one of Leo's crappy death related ones. I cursed myself internally for being happy about the nickname, it sounded childish and way too friendly. I would have to convince him to leave me some way that wouldn't hurt him. If Will stayed around me as much as he had been for the rest of the year, he going to have a hellish sophomore year.

We got our hamburgers and walked into the cafeteria, Will was following me so closely that his tray would often bump into my back, making me jump.

I looked about the room for the people I usually sat with, I wouldn't necessarily call them friends, seeing as I didn't talk to them much, but they were good people. The first person I didn't even have to see to know where they were, it was his loud laughter that gave him away. I'd always found Percy Jackson's insane laugh slightly charming, it was warm and it made me feel happy. Once my eyes found where him and everyone else were sitting I slowly walked over.

The large table was practically full, only 3 seats open out of the ten seats there. I silently sat in the middle chair of the three open ones and Will pulled up the chair next to Jason Grace. Jason looked surprised that Will was joining us, so did Piper, Annabeth, Frank, Percy, Reyna, and Grover.

"Nico, who's the new kid?" Percy asked.

"Um, I'm Will Solace, Nico's neighbor. I just moved here so Nico is helping me get used to the school and catch up in classes," Will explained.

Everyone looked even more surprised than before.

"Who forced you into that Nico?" Piper asked.

"M-Mr. Johnson."

"That guy is too much, from what I hear he always seems to pick on you about being quiet," Jason grumbled.

I shrugged, looking over to Will. He looked really confused and awkward.

"Well, let's not talk about why Will is here, let's just be glad he is. I'm Annabeth Chase, the black haired dork next to me is Percy Jackson, my boyfriend. The burly guy with the military haircut is Frank Zhang, and those two love birds are Piper McLean and Jason Grace. And the guy next to Percy is Grover Underwood and Reyna is sitting closest to the empty chair."

Will smiled "Nice to meet you all."

There were a few responses to Will and then they began to talk about whatever they had been before we arrived. Jason turned to Will and studied him from head to toe.

"So what do you do in your spare time?" Jason asked.

Will smiled "Well, I really enjoy playing the guitar, singing, I used to surf back when I lived on the coast of Texas, now I'm not sure if I could handle the cold water. Oh I also have an interest in becoming a doctor so I study a lot for that."