Chapter 12

Same tw as last time, more blood stuff

A nurse drove Will and I to his house after I was discharged. They gave me medication  that made me feel kinda weird, I half remembered falling asleep on Will's shoulder as he carried me up his stairs.

The dreams came again, Will falling, over and over again, dead me, beat up Octavian. There was a new addition, Will standing in the rain, just crying. It felt cold. I woke up to Will's voice calling my name.

"Will?" I asked, my eyes fluttering open.

He was right there, his hand on my shoulder "You were crying, here, have some water."

He helped me sit up and drink the water. His hand was gently placed on my back. I wasn't used to all of the touching, but I was too weak to say anything. His hands were warm, careful. It was kind of nice, but that could have just been the fever making me think that.

"Thanks," I sighed, slowly laying back down.

I was in an unfamiliar room, one with a few musical instruments and a microphone with a computer.

"Who's-"

"It's Austin's room. He won't be visiting till the summer but mom got his room ready early."

I closed my eyes slightly as Will fixed the blankets.

"Your Dad called, and Hazel. They were worried but I said I'm taking care of you so they didn't have to worry. I took Mrs. O'Leary out and gave her food, and I got you some more clothes."

He kept rambling, his voice was nice so I didn't mind much. My head was aching though, along with the rest of my body, I shifted slightly, which got Will's attention.

"You in any pain?"

I nodded.

"Where?"

I shrugged, he didn't need to do anything for me.

He stood and left the room, coming back with two pills in his hand and more water, he helped me take them.

"Thanks, y-you don't have t-to do this."

Will raised an eyebrow "Yes I do. I want to, and even if I didn't your sister told me if I didn't she would probably burn me alive."

He was laughing but I kind of didn't doubt Hazel "S-sorry."

"Don't be, I like taking care of people."

At least he enjoyed it.

"B-but we just met," I whispered.

Will rolled his eyes "Nico, I thought I had established this, I want to be your friend, no, I am your friend. I like helping you, especially because we're friends. Now no more apologizing, got it? There isn't a need for it because we're friends."

I was kind of shocked at his directness but I managed to nod.

"Good."

Will busied himself with homework, then reading. He checked my temperature every few hours, then fussed around with my blankets.