Chapter 8

Will had grabbed supplies, two different combs, a brush, some spray, some de-tangler, and about three hair ties. He was sat behind me, I was sitting cris-cross, fidgeting with my fingers.

Will had made me get dressed before he did my hair, I was in black skinny jeans and the button down shirt he had picked out.

He pulled my hair behind my ears gently with his warm hands, I kept thinking "What if I flinch?"

"Do you care if I brush it out?"

"No."

Will took the brush to the end of my hair and slowly pulled the brush through, after spraying some de-tangler in it. His hand kept brushing my back, it was so warm and warn, he must have worked with his hands at some point.

After my hair was all brushed out he took the end of a comb and parted my hair to the left, then brushing it some more. He then took a front section on the left side of my head and set it aside, then he started to braid what was behind that it to the side.

I closed my eyes slightly.

He was so gentle.

So so gentle.

When he finished the braid he tied it off, then he took part from the right, leaving my bangs and a section below what he grabbed, and pulled that into a ponytail. He tied the braid and ponytail together and sprayed my hair with his strawberry scented hairspray.

"All done," he sighed, holding up a little mirror for me.

I actually looked okay. I avoided wearing my hair up because of what people might have said (about how guys looked "weird" with their hair up) but I looked okay.

"Cool," I muttered.

Will beamed at me in the mirror, he was proud.

"You like it?"

I nodded, suddenly realizing his closeness and averting his eyes.

"Good, I like being able to see your face all the way," he muttered.

What the hell did that mean.

"U-uh, thanks, W-Will," I stuttered.

I could feel the heat in my cheeks and on my ears, oh god he was so unpredictable.

"Now, my mom left for work already so what do you want for breakfast?"

I shrugged "Whatever you want."

Will sighed "I can't cook very well so, do eggo waffles work?"

I smirked at his reference to Stranger Things and nodded.

"Be right back then Neeks," he laughed, leaving me alone up in his room.

I checked my phone, two texts from Hazel.

"You wen't to Will's house??????"

"Are you alive?"

I texted back "Yeah, still there."

Will opened the door so quickly that I jumped and dropped my phone.

"Oh, are you alright Nico, I didn't mean to scare you."

"I-I'm fine," I said a bit too hastily.

He smiled and set down a plate covered in waffles and three dishes with syrup, jelly, and Nutella.

"Most people think I'm crazy for liking jelly and Nutella on my waffles but it's seriously good."

I shrugged as he placed a plate in front of me, then himself. He happily munched on the waffles, adding his toppings and smiling when I tried a waffle with Nutella and jelly.

I slowly nibbled off of it, seeing how Will had neglected to bring silverware (meaning neither of us used syrup). It was surprisingly tasty.

"Is it good?" he asked.

"Y-yeah," I said, covering my mouth with my free hand.

The smile on his face grew, making his eyes squint and a slight pink appear on his cheeks.

"Awesome."

We finished the plate and Will started getting ready, dressing in the bathroom. When he came out he was wearing a dark purple loose fitting shirt that seemed to flow as he walked and some blue jeans. He had his hair swiped to the side and his shoes were dark blue.

"Will, a-aren't you goi-going to be cold?"

"Yeah, but I have coats."

I hid my face in embarrassment.

"Oh, Nico, do you think you could help me with a project in Photo? I've got barely any experience with it so my teacher said I should just take some pictures outside with a friend," he asked.

Then people would know. I wanted to help him, I really did, but I didn't want to get him hurt.

"D-do I h-have to be in them?" I asked.

"I won't get your face if you don't want me too, and I don't think anyone would recognize you from behind, especially with your hair up," Will said, he obviously felt bad.

I sighed "O-okay. Just make sure that nobody can tel th-that it-it's me."

Will nodded and started grabbing coats, one long brown-green one and a light blue winter jacket. Will handed me the long one and got out a pair of black gloves, handing those to me as well. I put the coat and gloves on, then found my socks and shoes.

Will put the coat on and grabbed a Polaroid camera and some strange little colored circle things.

"W-what are those?"

Will smiled a bit, slipping a few of them in his pockets "Filters. My mom got them for me for Christmas, my teacher told me I should use whatever camera I want and do whatever to the pictures so, I wanna use them."

I nodded, standing and putting my phone in the pocket of the jacket I was wearing.

We headed out, Will closing the door behind us and locking it. He led me down the street and to a trail I hadn't known was there. We walked down it and I stopped to look at the small creek, bending down and watching the light dance in the ripples.

Snap, the camera had gone off. I stood and covered my face, blushing.

"S-sorry, this damn camera is so loud."

I nodded and we kept walking.

I began to ignore the snaps of his camera, nobody would know they were of me. But what if Octavian somehow found out?