Chapter 19

The rest of the day I was pretty quiet, I didn't want Will to stop being my friend because I got to annoying or he just realized that I'm not worth the effort. I hoped he hadn't.

We went home and I said I needed to get some stuff from my house, really I just wanted to give him some alone time. I didn't want to be constantly bothering him.

I shouldn't have let him even talk to me at school after we first met, I was obviously stressing him out and making him miss school, even though he said it was his choice. He just felt bad for me.

Will was totally one of the people who just couldn't turn down a lonely kid.

He was such a good person.

I grabbed some more clothes and played with Mrs. O'Leary a bit. The house was so empty that it almost felt wrong to be in, so I caved and hurried over to Will's.

He opened the door, leaning against the trim and smiling down at me.

"Hey, haven't seen you around here what's your name?" he joked.

I smiled and just looked at him. He didn't seem too uncomfortable, but maybe I was imagining it.

"C'mon inside you dork, my mom's at work again so we're home alone."

I went inside without saying a word, my stuff still under my arm in a small bag and my backpack on my back. I followed him upstairs and into his room. Nothing had changed since I was in there.

I remembered everything Will had told me, how could he be faking all of that? He couldn't have, I was just being paranoid. But what if I wasn't?

"You're being awfully quiet today Neeks, what's the matter?"

Will was sitting on his bed, studying me.

"Nothing," I lied. I didn't want to make him uncomfortable with my issues.

He sighed "There's something wrong, you were spacy at the beginning of the day and way more quiet by the end. Did someone say something to you?"

Octavian hadn't even tried to talk to me and I still felt like shit for some reason. God I was pathetic "No. I'm fine."

I set down my bag and got out some of my homework so I could work on it.

"Please tell me Nico. Is it the stress that school puts on you? Is it the people? Is it my fault?"

"No," I answered almost instantly "it's n-not you."

"Then what is it? It makes me sad to see you like this," he muttered.

I sighed, he usually didn't pressure me "I-It's, just, uh, d-do I annoy, or I-I guess, b-bother you?"

He sighed and smiled "No, of course not Nico, you're my favorite person in the whole world, how could I be bothered by you? Come here for a sec."

His arms were open, so I walked over and he took me into a hug and sat me beside him.

"I know how much school stresses you out, but just know that I'll never get annoyed by you, okay?" He muttered into the back of my head.

"O-okay," I whispered.

His lips were pressed against the back of my head, almost like he was kissing me, but it was probably an accident, or just a Will thing.

"Has, y-you know, s-something been bothering you today?"

"No, nothing really, just distracted and stressed about school kinda," he sighed, hugging me tighter.

"M-me too, I-I guess," I started "though, i-its the people m-mostly, they're just, so close, a-and they always s-seem like they're thinking the worst."

I could hear my heart pounding, I wanted to share everything with Will, but it was so hard.

"Hey, it's okay, don't push it."

I sighed and leaned back into Will, he was so comfortable, I could have fallen asleep, but I didn't, I was too stressed.

He slowly moved his hand to mine and laced my fingers in his own. I couldn't say anything, I was too shocked. Will was holding my hand. My god damn hand, and I loved it.

"You don't bother me at all Nico, in fact, it's the opposite," he whispered.

He had come back to that, why?

I wanted to ask what that meant, what the opposite of bothering was, what the meaning of that was while he was holding my hand and hugging me; but I couldn't. I didn't want to ruin the moment.

I allowed myself to melt into his arms, to be comfortable and release the stress. I rested my head in the crook of his neck and sighed. He was so warm, so comfortable, so sweet. I was glad that I let him be close to me, it wasn't stressful anymore, it released my problems. I was still tense, but less.

"I hate feeling like this, like, all stressed and stuff," I sighed.

"I hate that you feel like this too," Will whispered.

I looked over at my backpack, I really needed to do my homework, but I wanted to stay with Will.

"I-I should probably do my homework," I managed to force myself to say.

He sighed "Yeah, me too," and released my hand.

He slowly moved away from me and sat normally. His face was flushed and he seemed embarrassed.

"Did you get all the notes in English?" Will asked.

Now it was my turn to be embarrassed, I had been so distracted by him that I hadn't written down half of the notes "N-no."

His hand brushed over mine.

He smiled "I knew it, you can copy mine."

He got up and went to his backpack, taking his cute floral notebook out and opened it up. I stared deeply into his eyes and then at his lips, God, in that moment I wanted to kiss him.

I wanted to kiss Will, so badly.

He just kept looking at me, smiled really wide and ruffled my hair "You dork go get you're notebook."

I snapped out of it and went to get my notebook. I needed to think through my feelings because I knew that most people didn't think about kissing their friends. I ignored it for the moment, I didn't want to overthink anything, as I usually did; so I just got my stuff and sat with Will.