Chapter 20

By the end of the night, I had figured out that I did not, in fact, just think of Will as my best friend. Though I knew that was ridiculous, I also knew there was no way I could just ignore it. I figured I probably had what most people called a crush, and I finally got why. The stress of it was crushing.

I was constantly worried that he'd see me staring at his lips, or just any other part of him, and figure me out.

I couldn't let that happen, because it would ruin our friendship.

When we went to bed I laid flat and stared at the ceiling, making a list in my head of pros and cons of liking Will.

Pros:
1. He helped me de-stress.
2. He is pretty, sure that's superficial but he is incredibly pretty.
3. He gets me to open up
4. He doesn't get bothered by me
5. He's warm and I'm cold
6. He's a happy person
7. My dad likes him and so does everyone else

Cons:
1. I don't even know if I'm gay
2. I'm still not 100% sure if I even really like him, maybe it's just a deep connection and I've just never had one.
3. Everyone loves him
4. He's too cheery sometimes
5. He won't like me back
6. If he somehow did I could never date him out of fear
7. We had only known each other for like 2 weeks so it was a little fast

I thought of ways to stop, one being just letting myself like him and never tell, another being stop all communication. I would never get away with the second one.

I then figured out that at one point, I had had a crush on Percy. His laugh used to sound perfect to me, he used to be perfect to me. But it didn't feel the same as with Will, with Will I was in deep.

Then I sighed, which made Will turn over on the side that was facing me and say "Everything alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," I said "just thinking."

"About?"

"Stuff, and things," I murmured.

"Mmh, very specific," Will chuckled, rolling to be partially on top of me.

He looked into my eyes and folded his arms on my chest; then placed his head on his arms. I could see him smile, even in the dark of his room. It was softer than usual and his eyelids were heavy looking.

"Yeah," I sighed, trying to keep my cool even though he was so close "Specific."

He buried his face in his hands and giggled "You're so adorable Nico."

Nononono, he could not do this to me. He couldn't compliment me, it made my heart race and my face flush.

"A-Am not!" I managed.

"Sure, and I'm not obsessed with naked Shulk," he laughed again, but bringing his face back up from my chest.

I covered my face with my hands, even though there was no way he could see my blushing "Just go to sleep William."

"Oh, bringing out the full name, two can play this game, di Angelo."

The way he said my last name was perfect, it rolled off of his tongue so smoothly. It was as if it belonged there.

No, I needed to stop thinking about Will like that, we were best friends and I just happened to like him. I was a YA novel cliche.