Chapter 28

Will

After we all finished eating we went around to some shops. Nico seemed so confused when we looked at clothes. God he was adorable. We left the stores and started to head out because Calypso couldn't be gone much longer. One of those screens that play ads in front of the doors switched to an all too familiar face, my dad's.

"So, Apollo-" the interview stared.

I tried to hurry out, not wanting anyone to make the connection that I was related to him.

"Well, I'm actually moving up to New York to be closer to my son," his voice said.

"Your son! I wasn't aware you had any kids," the interviewer said.

My dad laughed, not his real laugh, but the fake one he used for interviews "The son that lives up here is named Will, he's fifteen and I haven't really been around for him and his mom much, I'd like to do that. I'll still be shooting movies, obviously, that's my job, but I want to get to know my kids."

Leo looked over at me in surprise "Will? Is he talking about you?"

I looked down and shrugged awkwardly.

"Dude! You and Pipes have famous dads, they're even in the same movie! Oh man that's so great!"

I shushed him and headed out. Nico squeezing my hand. Leo didn't say anything until we got back in the car.

"Is your dad actually Apollo? Like the Apollo?" Leo asked.

"Yeah, he is," I said between my teeth.

I had forgotten that people were still going to find out about my dad, so I braced myself for the insanity of having to explain it to anyone who asked.

"We should keep quiet about this Leo, people can be nasty," Nico said.

That was kind of surprising, Nico talking, so flatly, so, naturally. I loved it. I smiled, he was like a mystery that I'd need to solve, who is Nico under the anxiety? Obviously the same person, a little awkward, a lot adorable, but the way he spoke intrigued me.

"Thanks, babe," I whispered into his ear.

He clenched my hand tighter and took a deep breath. His cheeks were bright pink. Damn that made me happy, being able to call him pet names. He was my boyfriend.

Damn that still sounded so good.

It would sound good for the rest of my life, or as long as Nico still wanted to be my boyfriend.

"Yeah, I agree, we should keep quiet," Hazel said, smiling back at us and wiggling her eyebrows.

I smirked, she'd probably already figured us out. I couldn't tell Nico that though, he'd probably get really scared about what she thought, and he wanted to tell them.

Reyna started the car. I looked at Nico while he looked out the window. His hair curled slightly inwards at the ends, and his ears were a little red.

He looked over and smiled slightly "Hey," he mouthed.

"Hey," I mouthed back.