Chapter 15

Naomi dropped her keys "Call! God damnit Apollo I told you to call first!"

Apollo smiled sheepishly "Sorry bout that. I was just in the neighborhood."

"I need time to prepare for this shit! Seriously you promised!"

They continued to have a heated conversation, I just stood there like a deer in the headlights. Will was just exhausted looking.

Will picked up his mom's keys, set them on the counter and motioned for me to follow. We went upstairs and into his room. He sighed against the door after it was closed.

"They'll be talking for a few hours, we're better off in here," he muttered.

Hours? Heck.

"Alright."

I wanted to ask him about Quinn and Natalia, but I couldn't think of what to say.

He went over and flopped onto his bed, I followed and sat at the foot of it. There was a silence for a minute or so, but Will sighed loudly and broke it.

"Have you ever dated anyone Nico?"

I blushed, I hadn't ever been embarrassed about not dating anyone before "Uh, n-no."

He smiled "I wish I hadn't either, my exes were pretty judgmental."

"H-how so? Was it a-about your dad?"

He nodded "Natalia was in eighth grade, a stupid decision on my part really, but I had real feelings for me, she just liked my Dad. Quinn was freshman year. He on the other hand, he hated my dad, said that since my dad was a man whore that I would end up as one too. After we broke up he kept teasing me so I punched him right in his perfect nose."

Why mention it was perfect if he punched it?

"T-that's rude of him."

Will nodded "Honestly he ended up being such a jerk, I now don't see anything good about him except for maybe his looks, which he wasn't even that amazing."

I didn't know what to say.

"I did love him though," he sighed.

"Why?"

He propped himself onto his shoulders "I went with my gut feeling. I mean there's the initial attraction, I noticed him more than my other friends, then, I found out he was gay, so I fell. I guess there wouldn't have been much of a future with us."

"Sorry."

I was honestly sorry, he sounded so sad, not something I had learned to associate with Will.

He sat up and reached for my shoulder, touching it gently "Don't be Neeks, I'd much rather be here with you than back in Texas in that relationship."

Oh god. My heart was pounding, I wasn't afraid but it was pounding. Will looked so nice, the light was streaming in through his window so perfectly on his radiant hair, it reflected in his eyes which danced with millions of blue tones. His cheeks were a soft pink that made his freckles stand out.

The collar of his shirt was lower than most, showing his collar bone.

What was I thinking?

Will crawled close to me and smiled, it was a sad smile "Can I hug you again?"

I was shocked, then nodded.

He wrapped his warm arms around me and held me close. His heart was pounding harder than my own.

"I was scared that you'd hate me after you found out I'm Bi," he whispered shakily.

I could never hate him. Never in my entire life.

I forced myself to move my arms up and slowly around him. He was scared, something I could understand. The fear of judgment.

I heard him sniffle and pulled away a little bit. He was crying.

"I-I'm sorry Will, I, uh, I could, I could never hate you. You're, you're my, b-best f-frien-friend! And, you, you're super g-good at taking ca-care of people, an-and you're super amazing and nice and, I, uh, and you're the only person I would trust with m-my life!"

He cut me off with his finger on my lips and shushing me.

I had given up on trying to keep him from getting close. Octavian couldn't do anything to Will, there wouldn't be a reason for him to other than me. Knowing Octavian he would just say bad stuff about me to Will, which I hoped he wouldn't believe.

He smiled, the tears still falling. He was beautiful, even when he cried.

My best friend was beautiful. So fucking beautiful and I couldn't stop thinking about it. That was normal, I hoped, to think your friend is beautiful.

The tears sparkles as they streamed down his flushed face "T-thanks Nico."

He hugged me tighter "You're my best friend too."

"T-thanks."

We sat there for a while, his hands gripping my back as if I was going to fade away.

"D-don't tell anyone at school though, I have to do that myself."

"Wouldn't dream of it," I whispered.

An alarm went off, the one for my antibiotics, will stood up and went to Austin's room to get them.

There was an absence of warmth, I kind of missed it. I hadn't ever missed someone else touching me before.

I hated it when anyone but Will did.

That confused me.

He came back in with a glass of water and my pills, there was only one left "You should be good after this."

His face was still red and his eyes were a little puffy, but he had stopped crying.

He handed me the water and opened the container, rolling the pill into my other hand.

"I probably could have stopped taking these yesterday," I muttered, taking it.

He took the water from me when I finished, then got super close "Nah."

"W-what do you mean?"

He pressed his forehead into mine and looked me directly in the eyes. I could feel my face flush.

"Still a slight fever, but you can probably go to school after today."

He didn't move, just kept staring into my eyes.

"Why a-are you staring?"

He smiled "Your eyes are pretty."