Chapter 26

Will

"O-okay, s-so, O-Octavian is the o-one who has b-been b-bothering me, a-and why I c-can't go to t-the dance with y-you," he managed.

His entire body was shaking, just enough to be noticeable. I felt terrible for making him tell me, so I pulled him into my arms.

"Hey, you don't need to push yourself," I muttered.

"No, I do, I-I need to tell you," he said, pushing away.

"Oh, okay."

Nico took a deep breath "On Friday, he told a teacher he was a-asking people about the dance. H-he took me into the old art class a-and started what seemed like a normal question th-thing. T-then, he-he."

He reached for my hand and held it tight, his knuckles were white and all the blood looked like it was draining from his face.

"Nico, it's okay, what did he do?" I asked quietly, turning myself more towards him.

"He started to m-make fun of my s-stutter, then made fun of me f-for feeling a certain w-way about someone, c-called me disgusting. I said it wasn't disgusting for feeling the way I feel, and he-he slapped me, p-pushed me t-to the ground, and left. W-when you were t-talking to Clarisse, h-he came up to me and threatened to break my arms o-or something i-if I went to t-the dance w-with you."

In those three minutes after school when I was gone he got threatened. It was partially my fault. I wiped the tears that had started falling down his cheeks.

"He won't hurt you anymore, Neeks. I won't let him touch you."

Nico hugged me first, crying into my shoulder softly. After he calmed down a bit I decided I needed to tell him how I felt, and let him decide from there.

"Hey Nico, can I tell you something?" I whispered.

"Y-yeah, sure," he sniffled, sitting back up and rubbing his eyes.

"I, um, well," the words suddenly wouldn't come to my mouth "I, feel like, no, I have something, well, something pretty important to say but my mouth isn't working right now, jeez."

He smiled "I get that."

It was nice to see him smiling, even if it was just a little one shared between us.

"I-I think I have something to tell you too, can I?"

"Always."

"The feeling, the one that Octavian called disgusting, it's a crush."

Damn it. He fell for someone else before I could tell him.

"Yeah? Who?"

He looked down, blushing "H-he makes me smile a lot, and, I can be more myself around him. He's easy to talk to, but he is a he and I didn't realize I'm gay till now. I'm ki-kinda terrified to t-tell him, or anyone, f-for that matter. Octavian figured me out, that's mainly why he did that stuff I think. He saw me staring at the guy, a lot, which I do."

Who did he stare at a lot? I had no idea. Maybe it was Jason? Percy? Leo? I didn't think it was Frank, but who could tell? Not I.

"Who is it though?"

Nico shrugged and whispered something.

"Wait what? Sorry I couldn't hear."

"Y-

Y-

You."

It took me a moment to process what he said, I was the guy who he was crushing on. I could feel a smile creeping onto my face.

"I'm sorry Will, I won't do anything weird or anything, I just thought you should know."

My chest felt like it was exploding with happiness, damn, he liked me. Yes! He liked me! Fuck yeah!

"No, this is fantastic!" I cheered.

Nico seemed shocked, his eyebrow was raised "How?"

"I was gonna tell you I'm in love with you too," I said, gently squeezing his hand.

He let out a long sigh and started crying again, this time I was pretty sure he was relieved.

I wrapped him in another hug and kissed his forehead.

I was surprisingly awkward after confessing my love to him, that wasn't what I was usually like. I was usually super confident but I was really just nervous that I'd screw us up. I didn't want to lose Nico. That would be absolute hell. As I thought about it, I had never felt the way I felt about Nico before, not even with my previous partners, he was special.

"Oh god, I thought you'd think I'm weird or gross for liking you," he whispered.

"I could never think that, you know that," I giggled slightly.

"Kind of?" He said "I don't know, I'm not good at thinking of anything that other people think."

"People are complicated," I muttered.

He sighed into my shoulder and wrapped his arms all around me. I ran my fingers through his hair.

"Can we, like, be boyfriends?" I whispered.

He tensed up and drew his hands away "I, don't know. M-my dad, Hazel, everyone else, how do I tell them? What do I do?"

I took my arms away and just held one of his hands "I'm not really sure, my parents didn't really care, like at all. They kind of expected me to love everyone from a young age."

I remembered my mom asking me when I was a freshman if I had a boyfriend, which, at the time I was dating a girl. It wasn't a weird question though, I had a shirtless picture of Cole Sprouse up in my bedroom at one point.

"I-I don't know what any of my family expects, I don't know if they even expect anything, especially in my romantic life. They haven't said anything."

"I feel like none of them would mind, and if they do, we can work it out," I whispered.

If anyone was opposed to us dating I'd actually be kind of surprised. His dad seemed chill, Hazel didn't seem to be that kind of person, and nobody else did. He'd be okay, though I wouldn't tell anyone till he was ready to come out himself.

He nodded, wiping his face off with his sleeves and looking at me "Then, y-yes. I think. I don't really know what dating i-is really like."

I smiled and stood "Well for starters, I'm gonna ask you to the dance, as my b-boyfriend this time."

I didn't know why it was hard to say that, I had never been nervous about asking a guy out. I stretched my hand out and he took it, god he was so beautiful; even with his puffy red eyes, his messy black hair, his chewed up lips, and the bright blush that was ever present on his cheeks. He was all in all imperfect but perfect at the same time.

"Okay then, so, wh-what are we gonna do about Octavian? H-he'll see us at the dance." He asked, his eyebrow raising slightly.

I smirked "He won't get close to you Neeks, he won't hurt you, I've got plans."

Okay sorry I didn't update on time, the only excuse I have is that I just watched all of Riverdale??? I'll keep on track I swear!! Thanks for waiting!! Next chapter will be on time I promise.