Chapter 30

Nico

Will and I went downstairs and I was surprised to see dinner already on the table. Tomato soup and grilled cheese. Naomi had bright pink makeup on and her hair was done expertly. She was wearing a pink sweatshirt that said "I ain't jokin, I'm from Texas" which made no sense to me, and jeans.

"Nico, hello dear, how has your day been?" She asked.

"P-pretty good, and yours?"

Will and I sat down next to each other, he was closest to his mom and I was closest to the end. He seemed concerned, still from my dream. The kitchen was mildly unsettling, but it was less terrifying because Will and Naomi were there.

"Good, so, what did you boys do?" She asked.

Will looked at me and raised an eyebrow, kinda seeming like he was asking if he could tell. I nodded.

"Uh, well, Nico and I are kinda-"

"Oh I already figured that out Silly Willy," she laughed "and that's great for you two. Just promise no funny business if he stays over okay?"

My face flushed as Will gave a thumbs up and put a hand on my shoulder.

How had she figure that out? Was it that obvious that I had feelings for him?

"Speaking of can he stay tonight?" Will asked.

Naomi nodded "I don't see the harm in it, just the usual rules for when your partner stays the night."

"Right right, no unprotected sex and lock the door if we do it," Will laughed.

For a moment I thought he was serious, but I saw Naomi's glare and realized he wasn't. Potential heart attack averted.

"I'm obviously kidding mom, I know the rules; no sex. Got it," he giggled, taking a bite of his sandwich.

"You better. And Nico honey if Will is ever mean just come to me and I'll smack some sense into him, okay?"

I nodded "Okay, though I-I don't think that will be much of an issue."

Will smiled and continued eating.

Why was that the only rule Naomi had for Will and his partner (me in this case)? Had he done IT before? Had Naomi walked in on it? Oh man my mind was going to places I didn't want it to go to.

"Nico, you okay? You've been staring at the soup for about three minutes," Will asked.

"Yeah fine, just kinda tired," I lied.

I shouldn't have lied, he was my significant other after all. Those are the people you're supposed to be able to tell everything to.

I'd ask him about it when his mom wasn't in the room, that way it wouldn't be any more awkward. Then I wasn't lying to him, right?

"Okay, Will, make sure he gets some sleep tonight, okay?"

"Okay, will do. And Neeks," he started.

"Yeah?"

"I'll wake you up if you have another nightmare."

I didn't know why but that just made my heart feel all tingly. I loved that boy so much.

I loved Will.