Chapter 25

Okay, I get I'm a little later than usual but I just took an AP test so plz don't beat me up.

Will

I scrambled about my room, trying to make myself look half decent while Apollo stood there looking at my closet.

"Why did I let you convince me to do that?" I yelled, brushing my unruly hair.

He shrugged "Because I'm good with relationship advice?"

"You literally once confessed to a guy by screaming it off a cliff, he took a restraining order out on you!" I yelled, pushing him slightly out of the way.

"I was young William, and here, seriously, I already picked out your clothes. If seeing you in this doesn't make that boy drool, then I don't know what will," he laughed, handing me a pale blue shirt and some jeans.

The shirt was a button down, but the top was made of lace. I had never worn it out but I did love it.

I changed in the bathroom.

I used to be a lazy dresser, cargo shorts and a t-shirt every day, but then I realized that I needed to look like I put some effort into my looks. I needed to look more serious if I ever wanted to get into any of the schools I wanted to.  I wasn't obsessed with clothes or anything, nor did I stay up late thinking about what I would wear, I just threw on whatever looked right at the time and went with it.

Apollo knocked on the door "Dude, come on, how long does it take for you to change! Come out already!"

I laughed and opened the door "I already did that, remember?"

He stifled a laugh "Oh, that was actually funny."

I smirked and looked for my phone, three texts from Nico:

I'll be ther

*therer

*there omg. I'll be there on time, see you there I guess.

He was so cute and nervous, why had he sounded so sad before?

If it was Octavian I didn't even know what I'd do, probably walk with Nico everywhere and keep him close. Also maybe threaten him.

Maybe it wasn't Octavian and it was just Nico doubting things, which was understandable because I was awful lovey to him. I didn't have much self control when it came to him, which I needed to work on.

I grabbed my wallet and put on my shoes, my heart was pounding with the thought of telling Nico.

---

Nico

I had rushed to get ready, my hair was still kind of a mess and I hadn't eaten yet, but I made it. I was so nervous that while I texted him my hands shook and I misspelled there twice, that was embarrassing.

I walked to the ice cream store and looked around for Will. At first I couldn't see him and I thought he didn't end up showing, but then he walked away from the counter with two cups of ice cream.

"Hey Dork, you like mint chocolate chip or cookies and cream?" He asked, walking up to me and pointing at a table.

"W-whatever you don't want," I whispered.

"Okay, here, take the mint," he said.

We sat down and stayed in an awkward silence for a moment. My eyes began to wonder, his shirt was lace on top so I could see his shoulders, his cheeks were pink, and his hair was perfect. He was perfect, I didn't deserve perfect.

Not that I would ever get it.

He looked into my eyes for a moment and sighed, he was going to tell me he found out, that he couldn't be around me anymore.

"What's been going on with you Nico? Did somebody do something to you?"

I shook my head but I knew he didn't believe me.

"Is that why you don't want to go with me anymore?"

He sounded so sad.

"It's not that-" I stopped myself, damn, he was gonna figure it out someday.

"Is it Octavian?"

I shrugged, scooping some ice cream into my mouth. He was so nicely dressed and we were talking about my issues, what a waste.

"Please tell me what he said Nico, tell me what he said to make you not want to be at the dance with me."

In order to tell him that I'd need to tell him how I felt, I couldn't do that in public.

He grabbed one of my hands and held it, smiling at me.

"C-can I tell y-you at my house?" I asked "I don't think I can do it i-in public."

He nodded, taking a bite of ice cream himself. His lips closed around the spoon so softly, and the corners of his lips turned into a smile.

I'd have to come up with a way to tell him.

I loved him, so much. I didn't want him to hate me for it, but would Will really hate me for being in love with him? Probably not. It was just Octavian getting into my head, and myself getting into my own head. Sure, things could be awkward, but I doubted Will could hate many people.

"I was actually really excited to see you all dressed up, I bet you'd look hot in a suit," he said absentmindedly.

"W-what?" I stuttered.

He just said I'd look hot, what the heck.

"You'd look hot in a suit, and gosh, dancing with you would be so much fun. Your hands fit right in mine so you'd be a good dance partner," he rambled on.

His hand shifted in mine as he talked, he was nervous for some reason.

"Y-you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm better then okay," he said, his eyes falling fondly on mine.

The way he looked at me was only describable by the word soft. He looked so relaxed and happy, just to be there. He looked like how I felt whenever Will and I were together.

We finished our ice cream, when I got up to throw away the cups he took them from me "Mine," he giggled.

Watching him dramatically drop them in the trash made me laugh, gosh he was so cute. As we left the shop he grabbed my hand and swung it between us. We walked down the street to my house. We went in my room and I locked my door behind us.

I could feel my stomach churning and my chest felt like it was being squeezed.

"Okay, now will you tell me what's up?"

I made him sit on the bed with me, I needed to tell him.