Chapter 4

Avoiding Will was harder than I thought, I was borderline starving. My stomach ached the whole time I walked home, and it got worse when we actually made it there. Will refused to leave me alone, he had even managed to follow me into my bedroom.

"Nice room," he muttered.

"Thanks."

I set down my bag and Will did the same.

"D-didn't you want to see M-mrs. O'Leary?" I asked.

"Yes! I didn't get to pet her this morning and she looked pretty soft so."

I nodded, leading him downstairs, my stomach grumbled. I opened the door leading to the garage and unlocked Mrs. O'Leary from her kennel. She bound over to me and knocked me over, into Will. We both fell to the floor, the large dog licking both of our faces.

Will's laughs sounded angelic, it was better than Percy's laugh, which surprised me. I tried to push Mrs. O'Leary off of me but she was too strong.

"Come on girl, off!" I sighed.

She cocked her head and licked Will's cheek once more before getting off my chest. I instantly stood and extended a shaky hand to Will. I didn't want him to think I was rude for not helping him up.

He grabbed my inner arm and almost pulled me down on top of him, but he managed to stand. He continued to hold my arm for a moment, looking into my eyes deeply. I felt my stomach tying itself in knots, why was he staring?

"Thanks Nico.'

I nodded at him, looking away when I felt my face heat up.

He bent down and started petting Mrs. O'Leary and telling her she was a "good doggo" which I had no idea where the world doggo came from.

"Nico! Will! COME GET POPCORN IF YOU WANT SOME!" Hazel yelled.

Will instantly perked his head up from my dog and ran to the kitchen, his socks sliding on the hard wood.

I caught myself smiling about how overexcited he was about popcorn, then I cursed myself, I was just gonna end up hurting the both of us. I slowly headed for the kitchen, I wouldn't eat but I didn't want any of the three to feel like I didn't care about them. Mrs. O'Leary excitedly trotted after me.

In the kitchen Hazel held a large bowl of popcorn in one hand, and a piece of it in the other, feeding it to Frank while giggling. Will was smiling and had a hand in the bowl already.

"Are you two gonna watch a movie or something?" Will asked.

Hazel threw the piece of popcorn into Frank's mouth and smiled "Nah, just hungry."

Will smiled, lighting up the room "Nice."

"So, Will, what do you wanna do?" Hazel asked.

Will shrugged "I was gonna see if Neeks wanted to work on the presentation for our English class, how bout it?"

Will ate some popcorn as he waited for my response. I shifted a little, unsure of what to say.

"Sure, we c-could just do that."

Will smiled again and looked into my eyes. His eyes sparkled like diamonds and his freckles looked like constellations across his cheeks.

"Alright, wanna work on it up in your room?"

I nodded and waved at Frank and Hazel, heading upstairs and trying to hide my blush. Will had began humming some upbeat song that I didn't know the title of. We entered my room and he closed the door behind us.

"Alright, so, should we write notecards or something? I guess it all depends on when we're presenting, right?"

"We, um, present tomorrow, I think."

I shifted awkwardly in front of my desk and waited for a response. Will was staring at me for some reason, his eyes unmoving from my blushing cheeks.

"Will?" I asked cautiously.

He seemed to wake up from his daze, shaking his head  "Oh, yeah, we should write notecards for me then."

I took out some small cards and began to write down small notes from the project. After ten minutes of silence I handed Will the finished stack.

"Do you think you can w-work with those?"

Will smiled in amazement  "Wow, yeah. These are amazing Nico, and I've never met someone with handwriting as good as you, this looks typed. Gods I'm so lucky to be with you!"

I blushed and Will stuttered something that I couldn't understand.

"Um, so, what do you wanna do now?" I asked quietly.

"Do you like chocolate? Because I know a game that we could eat chocolate in."

Will looked so childish and, well a million other things. I nodded, not thinking of what that meant.

He took another bag of chocolates from his bag and set it on the bed.

"Okay, for every thing we get right about each other means we get a chocolate, but for everyone we get wrong we have to feed one to the other."

I nodded and he cleared his throat.

"You like black."

I nodded and he ate a chocolate.

"Um, you like dogs?" I asked.

"Yep!" He beamed.

I took a chocolate and covered my mouth, and ate it.

"Uh, lets see, you," he looked around my room, drawing out the you "spend a lot of time in your room."

I nodded again and he ate another. It continued until I asked if he liked to run.

"No actually. I just do it so I am not unfit. Heh, you know what this means, right?"

I covered my face and scrunched up in a little ball.

"Feed me Neeks," Will whispered.

"D-do I have to?"

"Mmhhmm, pleeaasse?"

I uncovered my face and looked at his lips, he was smiling at me with his teeth parted slightly. Dio, he had a good smile. I cautiously picked up a chocolate, my hands were shaking slightly. My hand drifted up to his lips and he opened his mouth, watching the chocolate but accidentally kissing my fingers; I didn't think he noticed but I sure as hell did.

I drew my hand away, panting slightly, and sheepishly looked at Will "Okay, y-you happy n-now?"

Will chewed as he nodded and with a full mouth he said "Very."

There was a knock at my door, I looked over and saw Hazel's head sticking out from it "Hey boys, it's getting kinda late."

Will looked over to my clock, it read 9:38 p.m.

"Oh shi-shiitake mushrooms!" He yelled.

"What about mushrooms?" Frank's voice asked.

"I've gotta go, I missed dinner and my mom'll be pissed!" Will yelled, jumping off the bed and towards his stuff.

"B-bye then!" I said surprisingly loudly.

He flashed me another one of his amazing, sweet, smiles, and ran out of my bedroom and down the stairs.

"He's quick," Hazel muttered.