⇝ Chapter Seven

A hurricane could only describe the rush of emotions swirling through your entire body at this moment because no other word could be even remotely relatable.

Your body feels like fire and Loki's lips feel like a cold drink of water. You stand almost frozen as Loki cups your face in his surprisingly cool hands and pours his passion into this one action, throwing all his cards on the table.

Your mind is repeating his name over and over until you realize that the God of Mischief is actually kissing you. This isn't an illusions and this isn't a joke because no one could fake a kiss like this. It's one of those once-in-a-lifetime moments and a feeling so rare that it's nearly indescribable.

Your arms move on their own and wrap under his arms and rest on his shoulders for you to pull your bodies so close that they're completely touching. You kiss back with all you have because never have you thought something could feel so right.

You both found something in this moment you didn't realize you were searching for.

Then the moment is ruined.

"Oh my god!" a high-pitch voice screams.

You and Loki freeze and disconnect your lips while slowly turning your heads to where a shocked Tony Stark is standing.

"Avengers assemble!" he screeches, calling for his suit at the same time as the entire team runs into the room, still in their uniforms from the mission they've just returned from.

"What is it?!" Steve asks.

"Loki has (Y/N) under mind control! He's making her kiss him!" Tony answers with a raised hand, ready to take action at any moment.

You and Loki simply stand with completely blank minds as the two of you process the sparks and raw emotion still lingering in your veins. You finally crash back to Earth when The Avengers begin running at you.

"Wait, wait!" you say, untangling yourself from Loki. "I'm not... I'm not under mind control. It just happened."

"How the hell does making out with the enemy 'just happen'?" Clint asks.

"Clint!" you shout. "I know what happened with you two, but that's in the past. He's not the enemy anymore."

"So how long has this been going on with Reindeer Games?" Tony questions, still in his suit.

"It just happened. Frankly, it's none of your business," you say, then peer over your shoulder at the strangely quiet Loki. "Aren't you going to say anything?"

"I do not have to explain myself to anyone," he replies, crossing his arms over his chest while wearing that neutral expression he always has.

"Guys!" Steve yells. "Their personal matters aren't our concern at the moment. Let's get down to business."

"What business?" you ask, thankful that the attention is steered away from a situation you yourself are still confused about.

"An army is coming," Natasha says just as Bruce enters the room.

"I can confirm that the DNA is definitely not of Earth or Asgard," he says, holding up a sheet of paper that Tony quickly looks over.

"An army of what?" you question.

"Frost Giants, and they're coming for Loki," Tony confirms.

"Why?" Loki asks, clenching his jaw.

"They want you to go back to Jotunheim so they can use you for information about Asgard. The mission was about capturing one of theirs and making him tell of their plans," Thor's voice suddenly says.

"Wait, you were in on it? How?" you ask.

"It was my job to keep you here while they worked," he reveals.

"And you took Jane to a safe place to get away from the fight?" you push on.

"Yes."

"Why didn't you tell us?!" you exclaim, now feeling anger bubble in your blood.

"We couldn't take a risk that Loki might go off and join them, but they're coming here now and we don't have time to take him anywhere," Clint says.

"Okay, I've had it with this bullshit. Loki wouldn't do that. He is apart of this team now whether you guys like it or not, so treat him that way because we're not going into this fight without him," you command as Loki moves to stand by your side.

"She is correct. Although you all still see me as the monster I was, I am glad one of you is smart enough to see that I seek redemption because revenge got me nowhere," he says, turning to give you a nod in thanks.

You look into his emerald orbs and see the pain reflected in them that insists he is not like the frost giants, almost pleading for you to see him as he is and not where he is from.

"Now," you breathe, tearing your gaze from Loki and walking down one of the halls to a locked weapons room where you grab the gold scepter and make your way back where the others are while tossing it over to Loki, "let's show these giants who they're dealing with."

"You're just going to give it to him? He could-"

"Yes, Tony, he could. But by giving the scepter to him and bringing him in to this battle with us, we're trusting him not to. It will be his decision to fight for what's right or what's wrong. We have to trust he will do the right thing anyway," you say.

And just like that, when Loki didn't think falling for you could get worse, you proved him wrong.