⇝ Chapter Thirteen

"Sif, Volstagg, Fandral, Hogun," Thor greets them and he and Jane exchange greetings as you and Loki hang back.

"Who's this? Loki's new handler?" Sif asks.

"Something like that," Thor says with a laugh.

You notice the slight disdain in Sif's gaze toward Jane and it doesn't take a genius to guess why. You've always been good at pinpointing others' emotions and you note that Sif seems like one of those badass warriors with a secret emotional side.

"I'm (Y/N), nice to meet you guys," you greet. "I heard you guys are pretty skilled warriors. Maybe we can do some training together."

The four of them laugh until noticing Thor, Jane and Loki's unwavering expressions.

"Are you serious? You think she can actually compete with us?" Volstagg questions.

"She defeated Frost Giants like it was child's play. You would be wise to take her seriously," Loki says and they look shocked at his out-of-character compliment to anyone, a human woman nonetheless.

"Well," Sif says, almost at a loss for words, "if you get any free time, we would be happy to spar with you."

You smile at her expression. "I like you."

Sif chuckles and Thor clasps his hands together.

"It seems we need to get to the Throne Room. Father does not enjoy waiting," he says, nodding his head toward the hand-maids that have shown up.

"We will see you guys later then," Sif says, leaving with the Warriors Three.

"We will take the ladies to get in proper clothing," one of the maids say.

"Take this one to my chambers," Loki tells them while handing you your bag.

All four of the maids' eyes widen and two nod their heads in obedience.

"And this one to mine, please," Thor says, gesturing to Jane.

"Yes, Prince Thor, Prince Loki," all four chime.

"I will see you later," Loki speaks, putting an arm around you and leaning down to kiss your forehead.

You nod and walk beside Jane as you follow the maids toward a different section of the palace.

"He's like a totally different person," Jane comments.

"I won't deny it. I think he's finally come to terms with everything," you reply.

"He's not malevolent anymore at least, which is good for everyone. Thor says you're like a blessing sent from the great beyond."

You laugh. "I appreciate that. I just believe Loki was sort of going through his 'world domination' phase. He's better now."

You hear one of the maids mutter something and your curiosity peeks.

"Excuse me, what was that?" you question the woman with long brunette hair.

She looks over her shoulder, startled. "I am sorry. I was just saying how Prince Loki seems to be back to who he was before everything took a turn for the worst."

"Thor sure thinks so," Jane responds, looking between you and the curious women. "He's never seen Loki so happy."

The maids sigh at the cliche romance and soon turn down a long corridor with only two doors on either side of the hall. Two of the women lead Jane into one of the rooms and the other two walk in front of you a short way farther down and show you into the large room.

As expected of Loki's room, there are bookshelves lining the walls and mostly dark colors draped about the room. There are two doors which lead to a balcony to overlook the landscape and three doors around the rest of the area.

"This is your closet where clothes have already been placed for you."

"I'm sorry, what are your names?" you ask, noticing your rudeness.

"I am Arvilla and this is Danna," she introduces.

"Well, thank you both for helping me."

"Our pleasure," Arvilla says, opening the door to reveal a huge closet filled with dresses and it hits you that this wardrobe was already set up for Loki future bride, like all princes of the world.

"Wow," you whisper nervously. "Dresses are a regular thing, right?"

"Of course. Pick any one you like," Danna says as she and Arvilla go to wait in the bedroom.

You let out a shaky breath and set down your suitcase. You see a dresser at the end of the room and curiously stroll over to it, pulling open the top drawer to only slam it shut immediately afterwards.

Lingerie. Hell no.

You shake your head and scan the row of dresses, knowing there's no way you'll get out of wearing one. You have to admit you would way rather try out the armor Sif was sporting.

You settle on a (F/C) one and don't even spare a glance at the corsets because that's where you draw the line. You bring it out to the hand-maids and they smile at your choice. You hesitantly strip down and Danna puts it on your body while Arvilla styles your hair at the same time.

"This is a normal thing for you guys, isn't it?" you ask.

"We help Queen Frigga get ready regularly, but we have never done it for one of Prince Loki's maidens. We have done it a couple of times for Prince Thor, but that would be it," Arvilla reveals.

"Was Thor a playboy before he met Jane or something?" you ask with a snicker.

"By 'playboy' I assume you mean having many female interests, so yes. As a prince, he is targeted very often, but has not had any women since meeting Miss Jane," Danna says.

"How long have you guys been around here?" you wonder aloud.

"Many, many years," Danna says.

"What about Loki? He never had any women here?" you question without jealousy.

"Prince Loki never brought any to the palace since we have been here, but I would assume he had some maidens on his list." Arvilla shrugs.

"Interesting." You nod your head, absorbing the new info on Loki until you see Danna approaching with heels. "No, please, no. I'll just wear my shoes."

"We cannot technically allow that, but your dress will cover your feet anyway," Danna says, going back into the closet to place the heels back and walking back out.

"I like you two. I think I'll take you back to Earth with me," you joke and they laugh.

"You are different than anyone here. We always thought if Loki were to return, he would find someone as evil as he, but you are very kind," Arvilla compliments.

You look and see how young she and Danna actually appear. They would pass to only be sixteen or seventeen on Earth.

"Thank you. You both definitely calmed my nerves about coming to Asgard," you reply as they lead you to the door.

"Our pleasure," Danna replies, waltzing out the door and closing it behind you when you enter the hall.

You smooth out your dress which is actually incredibly beautiful and your hair is styled to just the right amount of glamor and poise. You look up to see Jane and the other hand-maids exiting Thor's room.

"You look great," you compliment.

"You look great as well. It's better than the I'm-going-to-kill-you attire you usually wear," she replies, walking by your side down the corridors once more.

"Thanks. I don't think I can get used to it, though," you confess.

"Me either."

"Well, you'll have to when you become queen of this place," you reply smugly.

"Stop!" Jane scolds, slapping your arm and looking at the maids. "Where are we going now?"

Danna answers, creating another rush of anxiety through your body. "The Throne Room."