⇝ Chapter Eleven

For many hours after you woke up, you and Loki simply talked. He brought you food and water and shared stories of growing up in Asgard. None of them had to do with the King and Queen, it was mostly of his time with Thor, and people you now know as Sif, Heimdall, and the Warriors Three with Fandral, Hogun and Volstagg.

You weren't quite ready to talk about growing up, so you instead told him stories of past missions and dumb stuff you've done with the other Avengers. Loki knew whatever you were hiding was too sacred for you to come out and say, do he didn't force you to share.

Bruce showed up at eight o'clock sharp and checked your vitals, then the others showed up to make sure you were okay. After lots of reassurance and Bruce's confirmation that your powers came through and you're medically cleared, you went back to your room to change and take the rest of the day off until your training session with Loki tomorrow.

Everything was back on schedule, besides you needing to watch Loki 24/7, although now you think you'll be spending most of your time together regardless. Loki is currently training with Clint for wielding his scepter more swiftly or something and you're heading into the kitchen to grab a snack.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Natasha asks as she slides you a water and bag of your favorite chips out of sheer habit.

"Just like new. I figured I'd milk it another day before going back to work. I deserve a day off," you reply, hopping onto the counter like you used to do before Loki had arrived.

"No doubt. We didn't know if you would even see another day. You got lucky," she says, eating a piece of fruit.

"I'm immortal, jeez. It would take a lot more to knock me down. Literally."

"I guess we know you can survive anything now. It's crazy to think you'll probably see the end of the world, you know, if The Avengers don't cause it first."

You laugh and slowly frown once you realize how long you'll actually live now. It never dawned upon you that you'll watch everyone around you age and die. Even Loki, eventually. You banish the thoughts and munch on a chip.

"So, about you and Loki-"

"You and Bruce, huh?" you interrupt her purposely.

"Stop," Natasha growls, using her assassin eyes that do nothing to faze you. "What are you and him?"

You run your tongue across your bottom lip and tilt your head. "We're what we should be. Together and working through stuff."

"Good. He's an Avenger now and I'm glad you guys are hitting it off."

"Where did this change of heart come from?" you ask skeptically.

Natasha shrugs. "I see the way you guys look at each other. He's apart of the team and he has my respect."

"Fair enough, but about you and Bruce-"

"Nice chatting, (Y/N)!" she yells, quickly exiting the kitchen just as an exhausted looking Loki walks in with his workout clothes on and hair hanging in a low ponytail.

"How much did you and Clint fight?" you ask, moving on the counter so your feet are dangling off the side and handing Loki your full bottle of water.

Loki takes the bottle and stands between your legs. "Not at all, actually. He's quite comical."

"Then why do you look like you want to murder someone?" you question as he unscrews the cap and takes a sip of the water.

"Well, I have not slept in almost a week and there are important matters that have come up."

You frown and bring your hands up to intertwine around the back of his neck. "My poor baby. I know you're a God and mighty, but you really need to sleep."

"You act like that is so easy, seeing as you were unconscious and on the brink of death in that time. I could not close my eyes without imagining your death," Loki replies, setting the bottle of water on the counter and moving to lean his hands on the counter on both sides of your hips.

"I'm sorry," you whisper.

"Do not be sorry, darling. It's okay now and it will not happen again."

Even sitting on the counter, Loki is still a few inches taller, so you lean up and connect your lips with his. You feel him smile against your mouth, causing you to smile as well. Loki's hands move to rest on your hips then run around to your lower back and there's no space between your bodies.

You run a hand through his hair and easily slide out the hair tie and put it on your wrist while ruffling out the long, raven-colored locks that have grown past his shoulders.

"Dammit, not again! And on my counter this time?!" Tony's voice shouts.

You laugh as Loki's smile turns to an annoyed frown. You look at the Man of Iron standing with his hands on his hips as if he caught his daughter in action with some delinquent.

"The clothes are still on. It is not like we were having sex," Loki comments boredly.

"Mouth sex counts!" Tony yells then a look of mortification shapes his features. "You could be. Right now. This could be an illusion. My god."

Before you can utter a word, Tony is out of sight and all that's left is you and Loki laughing your asses off while still tangled in each other's embrace.

"He's such an idiot sometimes," you say.

"At least he thought of it being an illusion. Not many people get that far."

Your eyes widen. "Was that a compliment to Tony?"

"Do not tell anyone."

You chuckle and remember something. "Oh, what were the 'important matters' that came up that you mentioned?"

Loki frowns again and runs a hand up and down your back nervously. You raise an eyebrow as he doesn't look you in the eye.

"I have been summoned back to Asgard to speak to the king and queen and I want you to come with me."