⇝ Chapter Twenty

You end up going to Loki's chambers to pack while he goes off to handle what he called 'important Asgardian business'. You didn't mind except when he asked you to pack a few things for him that he wanted to take back to Earth.

Abruptly thirty minutes later, you have two suitcases on the bed with your clothes/weapons packed in one and some of Loki's Asgardian clothes and books in the other. Suddenly, you hear a hard pounding on the door and shouting on the other side.

You rush over and rip the door open to see Thor and Jane in their bathing suits with half their bodies covered in green dye. You cover your mouth to stop your laughs.

"Where is Loki?!" Thor yells.

"What the hell happened?" you stifle out between snickers.

"Loki put green dye in the swimming pool that only changes color when in contact with flesh," Jane explains, clearly angry at the trickster.

"Sorry, but I don't know where he is. I wish he included me in this little prank now," you reply.

"This is exactly the kind of stuff he used to pull constantly. I hoped he had grown out of it, but I thought wrong," Thor says.

"Well, if you find him, don't hurt him too much. I'm still hoping for Gods and Goddesses in the future," you joke.

"He'll die if I have anything to say about it," Jane grumbles, grabbing Thor's bicep and pulling him along to plan Loki's murder.

You shut the door with an eye roll and turn around to only jump when you see Loki standing right behind you.

"Christ," you mutter, then glare up at the God. "Would you happen to know who put green dye in the pool that I didn't know was in the palace?"

"Nope," Loki replies, popping the 'p' with an evil smirk.

"Really?" you question. "Because Thor and Jane just came here, looking hilarious covered in green dye and I would love to offer the culprit responsible some amazing sex."

"Okay, okay, you caught me. I could not leave here without pulling a few pranks." Loki chuckles darkly with that playful glint in his eye.

"Pranks as in plural?"

"Yes. First was Thor and Jane with the dye, then I hid all of Odin's eye-patches, and put glue on the Warriors Three's and Sif's armor."

"You're such an ass!" you shout, genuinely angry. "I can't believe you didn't include me in this."

"I did not think you would want to, especially since it is your first time here," he replies. "I promise we will prank all The Avengers together when we get back."

"Yes!" you cheer, jumping into his arms and wrapping your legs around his waist.

"Why do you always do this?"

"Because you're so tall and thick that it's very tempting just to jump on you," you reply, fluffing his hair.

"There's something else that's thick that you can jump on," Loki smugly responds, squeezing your ass.

"Bring it on, Reindeer Games."

❅❅❅

Loki is carrying both your suitcases to the Bifrost while you walk next to him. Thor and Jane are already waiting along with Frigga and a stoic Heimdall.

"What's on your neck?" Frigga asks Loki, trying to cock her head to see better.

You start laughing when his eyes widen and Frigga pushes his hair back.

"Is that a hickey?" she asks, examining the red mark on the base of Loki's neck.

"Mother," Loki growls before glaring at you.

"Sorry," you mumble after calming down a bit.

"No need to apologize. I have gotten plenty-"

"Mother!" Thor and Loki both shout in disgust.

Frigga waves them off and gives you and Jane goodbye hugs and makes you promise to visit again. The four of you are soon transported back to Earth and Loki seems to still be annoyed at you for leaving a mark on him.

"If you're going to be angry at me for marking you, just cover it with magic or heal yourself," you say once you reach your room in the tower, taking your suitcase from him.

"It is not that," Loki replies, "it's that I cannot do that to you. Whenever I try, it heals a second later."

"You've tried?" you ask with a chuckle.

"Of course."

"All right. Why don't you put a spell or something over me so I can see your work?"

Loki ponder for a moment and follows you into your room, closing the door behind him. You set your suitcase on the bed and stand in front of him. Loki raises a hand and a green mist flashes in the room before disappearing. Loki starts smirking proudly and gestures for you to look in the mirror on your wall.

You roll your eyes and turn to it where you see multiple hickies plastered across your neck and vanishing in your shirt. You start pulling up the sleeves and discovering perfect bite marks all over your body.

"You should see your thighs," Loki mutters.

"What the hell, Loki?!" you exclaim.

"I like to worship your body and I could not help myself," he replies, shrugging it off.

"Not that I don't love them, but I can't walk around with these all over me. Make them go away," you plead.

Loki sighs. "Very well."

With a wave of his hand, the marks are gone and you make him go unpack while you do the same. After putting your clothes away and in the hamper, you walk out to the living room where Tony is lounging on the couch. You plop down next to him and steal some popcorn.

"Welcome back, Princess," he says, glancing over for a second before doing a double-take. "How did you manage to get a bite mark on your neck?"

Your eyes widen. "Loki!"

You get up and stomp to his room, not bothering to knock and just letting yourself in to see him putting more books on his shelves.

"You had to leave one, didn't you?" you ask, not angry that he wanted to show the others whose you were, but that it had to be so clearly put into view.

"Of course, but I have a present for you," he replies.

"A present?" You perk up, automatically forgetting how angry you are and more curious to what Loki got you.

Loki goes over to his still open suitcase and takes out a box wrapped in gold paper and hands it to you. You note the heavy weight and set it on the bed before tearing it open.

Books.

"I grabbed a few Asgardian history books and other novels by great writers of my home I thought you would enjoy," Loki says.

"This is honestly incredible," you say, holding the books and jumping up and down.

You give Loki a kiss on the cheek before jumping on his bed and laying against the headboard, cracking open one of the covers and beginning to read.

Loki chuckles, assuming you have forgiven his actions and grabs his own book before taking the spot next to you as you both read in a peaceful and fulfilling silence.