Chapter 21

One month since Dipper's last date with Bill. One month of needles being put through his heart. He simply couldn't take how their relationship was at that point. Sure they were friends and all but they weren't just that. Just friends don't flirt that often, just friends don't kissing each other's heads when saying good-bye and just friends definitely don't have as many rumors that they are dating as there were for Bill and Dipper.

Dipper had to do something desperately, but he felt trapped. He wanted to say something and to finally be happy in an actual relationship, however there was this invisible force in his mind stopping him from saying anything, sometimes from even going up to Bill and saying a simple hi. Also there was this unsettling insecurity that just froze him whenever he thought about doing something. That little tiny voice in his brain saying "maybe he just gave up, dude."

However, Dipper couldn't take it anymore. It was too much for him and Bill was pretty much ruining his life. So he made a plan of action and was ready to purse the target.

One day, Dipper went to school on a Saturday waiting for Bill to get out of his model UN. The anticipation was to big so he decided to go over to the room where it was taking place to see if they had maybe finished early or cancelled or something that could make his unbearably stressful waiting time shorter. That was a horrible decision. He got to the room just when Bill was making a statement. Just looking at him made Dipper's heart stop. He rolled his eyes at his own pathetic behavior. Bill was so attractive he wasn't sure it was even aloud for high school students to be that attractive and the way he talked... It was fascinating. He was so firm and persuasive. Dipper wondered why he didn't use that kind of speech to convince him to go on a date. That was bound to have worked. Also the suit he was wearing. Jesus Christ, how had anyone in his or her sane mind aloud him to buy that? He was bound to cause an accident if he walked on the street with that.

Just as Dipper was immerged in his Bill dreams, the bell rang pulling him back to reality. So the Pines took a step to the side to let people pass until Bill came out. He opened up his million-dollar smile as soon as he saw Dipper standing there.

"Hey, Pine tree. What are you still doing here?" Bill asked fixing his tie. Dipper didn't know if it was on purpose, but that single gesture felt incredibly appealing to him.

"We need to talk." Dipper shot back a bit more seriously than he intended.

"Yeah, sure is something wrong?" Bill questioned looking genuinely concerned.

"No, it's not that. It's just-" Dipper stopped and looked around.

They were left alone in the hallway, so it was going to be there. Not what Dipper expected but he could work with it. He took a deep breath and looked at Bill.

"Hum, I am terrible at saying stuff but anyway, it has been a month since we went out and you have acted, well no strangely because you always act that way. Wait this is going terrible, I'll start over." Bill chuckled but kept listening. "I like you. Not in the friendly way like you, in the like you like you. I can't stop thinking about you, every time you touch I feel as if I am going to pass out, I have dreamed about and honestly I have had some thoughts that I did not ask for about you. So can you just please tell me if you have given up on me so that I can move on with my life?! Because I simply can't take this anymore."

Dipper finished thinking he might start to cry if Bill didn't say anything. Bill just looked over at him still smiling. He took a piece of hair away from Dipper's eyes and placed his hand on Dipper's cheek.

"Pine tree, I am just asking you this now out of pure curtsey since you seemed pretty pissed the last time I did it without asking." Bill said taking a dramatic pause just to look at Dipper's desperate eyes. "Can I kiss you?"

In response Dipper grabbed Bill's collar and pulled him into a kiss. So they kissed and kissed and kissed; and even though it took a while Dipper just didn't want it to stop. He felt... He felt alive. Sure he had kissed Bill before and it felt good to do it but now, it was different. It felt like their mouths were made for each other. They fit perfectly. Dipper could feel like he was about to levitate at any second. They broke the kiss but continued with their foreheads touching.

"I can't believe that just happened." Dipper whispered more to himself.

"I can not believe that just happened!" Bill said pulling away. "Pine tree, that took some balls."

"Shut up." Dipper said laughing.

"I will not shut up! I always like boys with a knack of courage inside them." Bill said teasingly and gave Dipper a kick peck on his lips.

With that Bill turned and started walking out of the hallway. He turned around looking at Dipper suspiciously.

"Aren't you coming?" Bill questioned.

"Where to?"

"Anywhere we want! It's a Goddamn Saturday! We have to do something fun!"

Dipper ran a bit down the hallway reaching where Bill was. As he got close Bill took his hand and rushed to the parking lot.

He had done it. Dipper couldn't remember the last time he felt this happy. However, he had a feeling he was going to feel this way for a bit longer.