A Lie and A Disaster

I woke up to an empty bed and the smell of eggs wafting in from the kitchen. I go into the bathroom to get ready, that's when I see it. A big nasty bruise in the shape of a hand on my wrist. God Ed's gonna feel terrible about this. Once I'm ready I go grab breakfast happy that my jacket covers my wrist.

"Thanks hon, I gotta get to work and after I'm going to Melonis to meet Kathy I'll be back around midnight. I promise. Love you, see ya tonight"

"Love you too, bye Liv" he calls out as I walk through the door. I'm just glad Lucy kept Noah overnight otherwise he would've gotten an earful last night.

The Precinct

"Knock knock"

"Hi Amanda, please sit down" she closes the door behind her and sits down.

"Did you do it" she asks.

"I did, but I want you to know before you walk out that door, that if you ever screw with my personal life again, expect all of the complaints that were buried to crawl out of their graves. Got it Rollins" I tell her anger washing over my features.

"Got it" she glares at me then walks out of the office. Then I call Kathy. It went to voicemail.

"Hey Kathy it's Liv. I umm wanted to tell you I've got a surprise to show you at dinner. I think you'll be happy for me, I hope you will be. See ya tonight, call me if anything changes" I want to wear the ring tonight and tell her I got engaged and I have a son. Honestly she'll probably just be happy I'm not still pining for Elliot.

9'o clock Shift Ends

I walk into the locker room to get ready. I put on a little more makeup than usual and straighten out my clothes. I fix my hair and check my office to make sure I don't forget anything. I grab the ring from my desk and slide it on my finger, admiring it's shine. I feel bare when I don't wear it so this finally allows me to calm down. I check my wrist to make sure the bruise isn't showing them make my way down to Melonis.

I get there at 9:50 so I order their best bourbon. I swear I'm starting to understand Ed and his liking for bourbon more than ever right now. Once the drink arrives at my table I see him. Kathy set me up damnit. Is the first thought that pops into my head. I look at him noticing the little changes. His hair has become gray and gotten a little longer. He has a little beard and mustache. He has more lines on his face than last time. But then again so do I. So I just sat there looking at him, feeling nothing but numbness. I down my drink in less than a second but then I'm feeling something. Like pain, sadness, relief, anger, and joy all wrapped into one. Then he looks at me and he smiles. All I want to do is smack that smile off his face but I don't. I can't hurt him. So instead I look down. I put my hand in my lap and stare at the ring. Shit he's gonna hate me. You know what fuck it I waited for this and I'm gonna play him like a fucking fiddle.

"Hi Liv" he says as he sits down. God I missed that voice and his smell. It just made me feel safe.

"Elliot" my voice breaks and I know he's coming over to my side of the booth. He wraps his arm around me.

"God Liv I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I left the most important thing in my life. God I missed you" he kisses the top of my head and then goes back to the other side. That's when I break.

"Yeah I missed you too, difference is you could come back and get me. I couldn't get you. I never missed you so much, even when I was in Oregon or in Computer Crimes" I'm not yelling just talking accusingly.

"Liv it was hard for me to come back. I went through a lot, okay. I couldn't even look at Katie after what I did" I scoffed after he said he went through a lot then I ordered another drink Ed doesn't have to know. Either way he'll understand.

"You went through a lot El. What about me"

"What about me really? How can you be so selfish? What could you have possibly gone through that was so terrible" I start tearing up letting a few silent tears roll down my face after I thought about Lewis and when Elliot left. Then I thought about Ed and Noah.

"Look never mind, I don't want you to feel bad about it. Let's talk about something happy" my drinks comes to the table and I put my hands on the table about to reach for it when he says "Liv, who is it" that's when I notice he's looking at the ring. Let the games begin.

"My fiancé, whom I have a kid with"

"You have a kid, wait lets go back a bit I need details" he asked for it I'm only lying  my ass off a little bit, but fuck him.

"My fiancé is someone you know. You remember Ed Tucker right. Oh and I have an adorable 4 year boy named Noah" his jaw dropped and he stared at me with anger coating his eyes like contacts.

"Ed Tucker. I can't fucking believe you Liv. What you got in trouble with IAB and decided to open your legs" I looked at him and just thought about how much I would love to punch him.

"How fucking could you Elliot. I love him, he transferred because of me you fucker. He isn't even in IAB and you don't get to say shit because you weren't there for me when I needed you, he was"

"Liv I'm sorry, I'm glad your happy" his eyes just stared at the table almost afraid to look at me. I went to grab my drink when my sleeve raised a bit, I didn't even realize until I felt a hand in mine.

"Liv, what the hell is this" he's staring at the bruise. Fuck what did I do. "Liv what is this. Tucker's hurting you the bastard. I'm taking you home. Come on"

"Elliot he isn't hurting me if you want to come home with me just follow my car"

"I know where you live come on"

"No you don't, I couldn't live there anymore. Anyway just don't even follow me, I don't plan on seeing you for awhile"

I quickly downed my drink ran outside and hailed a cab. Once I got home I went into Noah's room and kissed his head and went to the bedroom seeing Ed laying in bed awake. This is gonna be a long conversation.

What did you think. I know I made Olivia and Elliot out to be jackasses but I think we all know Elliot gets defensive. So when Olivia thought about all the shit he put her through she got pissed at Elliot causing him to be defensive and when he's defensive he takes the attention off him and puts it on her. Anyway hope you liked it I'm go work on my other story now :) bye