Chapter Two

(2)

"Are you okay? You look a little green," Robbie comments.

Jade rolls her eyes. "Yeah well, you look a little ugly."

Robbie clutches his chest dramatically, gasping and walking away from her.

Good.

She turns her attention back toward her locker, opening it and throwing her books inside when she hears, "Hey babe," and turns to see Beck walking over to her with two cups of large coffees in his hands.

Shit.

She hasn't talked to Beck since she found out she's pregnant. Granted, she found out that morning, and that din't really give her a lot of time to process the fact that she's having a baby but she needed time before she saw him, talked to him.

She should have stayed home, but her fucking dad was being, well, himself.

Beck walks over to her and presses a kiss to her cheek. "Hey, you alright?" he asks as he hands her the coffee that he brought for her.

"Yeah, just uh, sick," Jade mumbles as she looks down at the coffee in her hand. Can pregnant women drink coffee? She thinks she read something about caffeine being bad for pregnant woman. She should probably stock up on decaffeinated coffee-

Wait, she isn't keeping this baby.

Right?

Ugh what the hell is wrong with her? She's not having a baby.

Nope.

"Jade?" Beck says, and she snaps back to reality and looks at her boyfriend, who's frowning at her. "You sure you're alright?"

"Yes," Jade snaps as she slams she locked shut. When she turns toward Beck, he's looking at her expectantly, waiting for her to tell him what's wrong. She sighs and shakes her head. "I'm fine alright? I just, I need..."

What does she need?

What does she want?

She doesn't know.

Beck steps toward her, his lips pressing against her forehead before he pecks her lips gently. "Jade," he mumbles against her lips when he pulls back, "whatever it is, you know I'm here for you, right? That I'll always be here for you."

Jade chews down on her bottom lip at his words.

She hopes to God that he's telling the truth.

Sorry the chapters are so short! I posted this story on Fanfiction.net first and now I'm posting it here. It's still a WIP there too.