Chapter Twenty-Four

Hi everyone, here's the next chapter! It's short but it's something! Tell me what you think!

(24)

When Jade got to school, she was expecting to get a lecture from her teacher and possibly sent to Lane's office who would tell her that she couldn't keep being late and blah blah blah. What she wasn't expecting was Beck to be standing at her locker. It makes her brow furrow as she approaches him slowly.

"Why aren't you in class?" she asks.

Beck, who had been looking down at his phone, looks at her and turns his body towards her. "Because I've been waiting for you."

Jade rolls her eyes. "I can see that Captain Obvious," she mutters as she turns toward her locker and opens it. "Why are you waiting for me?"

"Where were you?"

Jade pauses for half a second before she recovers, looking at her boyfriend with a furrowed expression. "What's with you?"

"Don't try to change the subject Jade."

"I'm not, you just seem, I don't know, off or something," Jade says with a shrug before she turns and grabs her book. "And you're late for class."

"Because I want to know why you keep disappearing," Beck says to her. "What's going on with you babe? You know you can tell me anything, you know that right?"

"I know," Jade tells him because she does know that. She just wishes that she would have told him sooner, she knows she should have told him sooner, and now she's just stuck. Stuck because she knows that if they talk about it now, there's going to be an argument, and that's just something she doesn't want to deal with.

"Jade?"

Her name takes her out of her thoughts, makes her smile softly at her boyfriend before she leans forward and kisses him on the lips. "I know I can talk to you. And I will. But just know that I'm handling everything, okay?"

"I don't understand why you won't tell me," Beck responds.

Jade sighs as she runs her fingers through her hair. She doesn't want to lie to him anymore, so she decides to be honest in some capacity. "Because you'll be angry if I do."

Beck furrows his brow. "Is that supposed to make me feel better? Because if it is I have some bad news for you."

"It's not supposed to make you feel better, it's just me being honest with you. So you'll trust me when I say that I'm handling it."

"I don't like this Jade."

She bites down on her bottom lip as she nods. "I know. Just trust me for now, okay?"

Beck sighs, one hand coming to her waist and the other landing on her belly. He opens his mouth to say something, but they're cut off when they hear their names being called. Jade sighs because she recognizes the voice, and slowly turns to find Lane walking over to them.

"Why are both standing in the hallway? You have classes to attend."

"Jade wasn't feeling too good so I was just making sure that she was okay," Beck says quickly.

Lane's face softens as he looks at the pregnant teen. "Are you feeling alright?"

Jade nods. "I'm fine."

Lane nods, looking her over once before sighing and becoming their counselor once again. "Well I guess it's a good thing that I have caught the two of you. I have been meaning to talk to the two of you about your futures."