Chapter 12 "Archangel"

(Adrian)

It wasn't long till we got to the boardwalk? Huh I remember going here as a kid but I didn't come back as much because I had to go away to college. How did he know? Or maybe it's just a simple coincidence.

There was a lot of small shops here and I would always go on the one roller coaster they had called The Archangel. After a while Damon finally found a parking spot. He turned off the engine and we both got out of the car.

"Adventure huh?"

He plastered a smirk on his face and took my hand. I would be lying if I didn't say I had butterflies in my stomach. We entered an ice cream shop and there was this girl working at the cashier.

If she didn't have that uniform on she would probably be in my position winning over Damon, not that it bothers me.

"Hey, welcome to Pauls Ice Cream Parlor what can I get you?" She said in a semi-seductive voice.

In my opinion how could you even make that sound sexy? What the hell.

Damon just smiled and didn't even give her a second look, but how could he not? He faced me and asked me what kind of flavor ice cream I wanted.

"I want 2 scoops 1 cookies n cream and the other cookie dough please."

And he ordered 2 scoops as well one chocolate and the other vanilla.

"Okay that will be 7 dollars."

When I was taking out my money for the ice cream I ordered Damon caught on to what I was doing and got 10$ out of his wallet. He looked at me and gave me an innocent look as if he didn't just do that.

Once the girl gave his change back she wrote her # on the receipt but he thought I didn't see it and ripped the bottom half and threw it in the trash can right when I looked back at the girl she was already giving me the death glare.

Cue eye roll. We got our ice creams and found a booth.

"Question why didn't you let me pay for my half?"

"Because I did invite you with me in this adventure and I don't want you paying for anything this whole trip."

I gave him a questionable look

"So you think I can't pay my own things? Or.."

His eyes were wide open and I couldn't help but laugh.

"Hahaha."

"I know what you mean and I'm really thankful that you want to but I just feel uncomfortable, you know I'm so used to doing it myself but I won't make a big deal about it."

He was relieved with my answer and he signaled towards the door asking me if I wanted to start walking around, and I gladly agreed.

After we exited the Ice Cream Parlor we just looked around, I got to say though it was crowded but not as much and I don't know I just loved this environment.

~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~*

Throughout the hour we were just talking about our childhood and how it wasn't as complicated as it is being an adult. Damon was telling me one of his childhood stories when he used to hide from his parents when he would climb trees.