Chapter 14

(Adrian)

I walked up to Dylan, he hadn't acknowledged my presence yet so I stayed behind him. He was talking to a brunette and she looked at me and scrunched her eyebrows. Once Dylan noticed he turned around with wide eyes at me.

He said goodbye to the girl as quickly as he could and it seemed as if he was going to beg for my forgiveness but right now I didn't need it.

"Stop. Before you apologize don't, I ran into someone in the book store and I want to talk about that okay?"

He nodded his head and we walked to the nearest bench.

"So who did you see in the bookstore?"

"Remember when I didn't come out of my room? I didn't want to talk to anyone for a specific reason? So take a wild guess."

"Damon..", he answered.

"Yeah but I mean even if it's a small thing still, it felt weird looking at him face to face I wanted to talk to him but I know, I know he did the damage so I shouldn't be the one making an effort."

"At least you stayed strong no matter what he did to you. I'm just saying though I don't like the guy but... Don't you think there could be an explanation to what he said? There's always a reason."

I thought about it for a second, I mean yeah that could happen but the question was why or who?

----------------------------------------------

After an hour of playing with Jax at the park both Dylan and I decided to head back home. Plus these books weren't going to read themselves.

I was in my room by now and Dylan decided to take care of Jax for a while in his room but I didn't mind. I was reading when suddenly I got a text message.

Unknown number
Hey can you come outside for a second I really need to talk to you. I'm begging you.

I didn't know why but part of me already knew who it was. I followed Dylan's advice and texted Damon back.

Damon is that you?

Yes... I need to talk to you, I need to explain my actions to you. Can you go to your back yard please?

Yeah, I'll be right there.

I put my phone in my back pocket and left my room, I was walking downstairs and when I reached the backyard he was right there sitting on the swinging bench.

I took a deep breath and walked slowly and took a seat next to him. I didn't want to make eye contact with him because I knew I would either be pissed as hell or I would break down but I could feel his stare gazing into my skin.

"Look at me", he said in a low voice.

I didn't obey, I couldn't do it.

"Please Adrian just look at me."

I shook my head and in a low weak voice I replied.

"I can't look at you, I don't know why but I just can't. Just tell me what you have to say Damon."

His hand caressed my cheek and made me turn to him, his blue eyes looking deep into mine and I closed my eyes. Tears were threatening to spill, I don't know why I wanted to cry it wasn't making sense.

"I don't think you'll forgive me for what I said and I have no idea what pain you went through but I'm not looking for forgiveness I'm just here to try and make things right."

Silence.

"The day we hung out, before we went to the beach well I got a phone call and it wasn't good news. One of my old enemies he was on the phone and when he saw us together at the race he threatened to hurt you if I didn't stop being with you. I couldn't take the risk so I had to do what I had to. I knew you would be hurt but I rather keep you safe than putting you in danger."

I took a deep breath processing what he had just said I couldn't believe it. I was mad at him this whole time for trying to protect me?

Then the unexpected happened I sat on his lap and just hugged him tightly, I couldn't believe he did that, after a while he relaxed and hugged me as tight.

"I'm so sorry I never meant to hurt you."

"It's okay, I forgive you."

We stayed like that for a while not wanting to let go.

Hey guys I know I haven't updated in a while but I'll start updating from now on. -Lupe

P.s. Love you guys❤️