Chapter 15

(Adrian's Pov)

After Damon came to visit and came to explain everything to me, he left because he had to go do some urgent stuff and I needed to talk to Dylan anyways so I didn't mind.

I walked inside the house and Dylan was looking out the window the whole time while me and Damon were talking.

He knew he was going to be in trouble.

"I couldn't resist!", he explained.

"You know I tell you everything so why were you snooping huh?", I said while crossing my arms.

"Well technically I wasn't snooping, I came to get some food because I was hungry okay? And I saw you and Damon outside and I thought you two looked adorable."

I still didn't believe him and trust me when I now someone's lying.

"I'm giving you one last chance Dylan before I kick your sorry butt, why were you spying on us?", I said as calmly as I could manage.

He sighed and put his hands up in front of him as a sort of defense,.

"Fine but when I tell you, you can't get mad at me."

I nodded signaling that I understood.

"Cole was looking for you, he didn't say why but he was. I told him that you were talking to Damon and him being Cole he doesn't really get along with him so he told me to spy on you guys while he left to go punch a punching bag."

"I do get the part about him not liking Damon but sending my best friend to spy on me and you going along with it is kind of low. But why couldn't he just do it himself? Why does he care now?!"

Dylan stayed silent after that.

"He's got a thing coming."

I walked away from Dylan and went to the small gym we had in the house, on the bright side at least I didn't get lost.

I walked in and sure enough he was punching a punching bag.

I walked right up to him fully confident, I wasn't going to be scared to confront about what he was doing was wrong, you should always trust someone not go behind their backs and spy on them

I know it sounds like I'm overreacting but you should never do that to a person.

He saw me through the mirror and he was shirtless not that I minded it, it wasn't a distraction but I never really noticed the tattoos all over his body...Not the point.

I looked up to him with my angriest stare and just pushed his bare chest and I just kept punching him.

"Why don't you trust me?! Why do you always have to get involved in my life?! Why can't you just mind your own business Cole?!", I spit out angrily.

He grabbed my fists without trouble stopping me from hitting him any longer.

"You wanna know why I made Dylan spy on you guys? I know your not a baby I know I'm not you boyfriend or anything closer to that. And it's not you that I don't trust, it's him Adrian I don't trust him!"

"Why not!?"

"Because he has gotten mixed up with the most cruel people in the world and guess what? I'm not going to let you get mixed up in that mess. Your my responsibility if you were kidnapped or gone I would do anything for you. I may never show it but you are really important to me", he said in all sincerity.

"Cole what are you trying to say?"

He gave a deep but quiet sigh

He let go of my fists and just looked down, it seemed as if he was debating to tell me something.

But his words never came he picked up his shirt from the floor and just walked out of the gym without another word, worst of all I was confused as I ever been.

I sat walked to my room after that and got a book from my bed it was a book I had read before when I was like 18, I was going through a wolf phase.

Dark Wolf By Christine Feehan

I loved the chemistry between Skyler and Dimitri so I just stuck with that.

It had been 30 minutes and I was already on page 73 and the time was 5:30 whoa time goes by fast. I got up to stretch my legs and someone knocked on my door.

I went to see who it was but there was just a letter, not creepy at all.

I opened it and it read

Hey Adrian, I'm probably the last person you want to talk to right now but I want to talk to you about what happened earlier. Can you come to my room and go to the balcony please?

-Cole

I debated whether or not to go, but knowing me I wanted answers so I headed to Cole's room.

I walked down the hallway and I knocked on the door but there was no answer so I opened the door and closed it silently behind me. Inside you could see the sunset, Cole was nowhere in sight though.

I walked to the balcony as told and to my surprise Cole was there admiring the sunset, I don't think he was aware of my presents just yet.

I tapped his back and he turned around with a half smile.

"I wasn't sure you were going to come.", he said silently

"Well people can surprise you."

"They sure can."

"So why did you call me up here?"

"First I owe you an apology for sending Dylan to spy on you but you have to admit that it was all in good intentions, secondly what I meant about what I said before about caring about you."

he took a step towards me slowly and I didn't dare move back, I stood my grounds.

"This is actually pretty hard to say."

"It's okay just say it Cole."

"I think I may be falling for you"

And those were the only words he had to say before  the world came crashing down.