The Dream

Once our guns were turned in we were done for the day. Laura and I walked back to our dorms to get cleaned up for lunch.
"Come over to my room once your done" Laura said to me as we reached our doors.
"Okay I'm just going to grab a quick shower then I'll be over." I told her as I closed my door.

Once I was finished showering I put on a pair of jeans and a camouflage tight fitting t-shirt and brushed through my hair. I walked across the hall and knocked on the door. Laura answered it and smiled.
"Oh my gosh your hair is so pretty!" She said, tugging at my curls.
"Thanks, I'm so ready to just chop it off though." I laughed.
"I can cut it for you if you want, my mom was a stylist, she taught me a few things."
"Yes! Please, I want it short like yours." I explained as I admired her short pixie like haircut. Her hair was straight though and mine was curly so I wasn't sure how the style would look on me.
"Okay, here wrap this around your shoulders." She handed me a towel and went to the bathroom to get her scissors and a comb. I pulled the chair away from the desk and sat down.
"So... What's up with you and the sergeant?"
"Nothing! Why?" I couldn't hide the excitement in my voice.
"The way he looks at you... It's just, I don't know..." Her voice trailed off.
"Don't get me wrong he's very handsome but I don't think anything would happen between us."
"just wait until I'm done, he will be drooling over you." She said with a wink.

We still had about an hour before we had to be at the mass hall for lunch. I used Laura's hair dryer to blow my hair dry and together we walked out of the building.
"Have you been to the other side of the base?" She asked.
"Nope the only places I've been around here is the dorms, the mass hall and the training yard."
"Well let's go explore."

We walked aimlessly for about 10 minutes when wade ran up to Laura and they quickly fell into conversation.
"Will you be okay if I go walk with him?" I gave her a nod and she smiled and they walked back in the opposite direction.
I was really surprised to see a McDonalds and a few other small shops and restaurants along with a neighbor hood of nice homes.
"You cut your hair off." I stopped dead in my tracks. I knew that voice all to well. 
"Ugh-huh...umm." I had no idea what to say to him, I felt like an idiot.
"You look pretty with short hair."
"Thank you, sir" I could feel my face growing hotter and hotter by the second
"Call me Jordan, I mean outside of training of corse."
"Paisleigh.."
For a long while neither of us said anything but he still walked beside me.
"So, paisleigh do you want to have dinner?" He asked.
"Oh- yeah I'd better head to the mass hall."
For once he flushed.
"Actually I meant with me.. There's a little Chinese place around the corner."
"Um.. Isn't this against the rules or something?"
He just laughed and took my hand, I quickly pulled it away and he looked at me confused.
"I'm sorry, I'm just not very social."
He didn't say anything as we walked into the restaurant.
"Crap I don't have any cash."
"I got it." He said under his breath.

While we ate we talked about our home lives and laughed about good memories and great friends, I'd discovered he had grew up living in the country like myself. We instantly clicked the way Laura and I had, but I had a crush on this guy, I mean I really liked him.

He walked me back to my dorm and as we said our goodnights he swiftly planted a kiss on my cheek. Before I could say or do anything he was walking away. I just stood there like an idiot. Finally my mind came back to me and I walked through the double glass doors and to my room, I passed wade on my way. Why would he be here? I shrugged and walked through my door and got myself ready for bed.

****
We sat together tangled in a mess of soft blankets. I front of us the fireplace illuminated the room, I looked up at his and he was looking down at me. We were naked. The only thing he wore were his dog tags. Slowly and sweetly he kissed me, then he pulled me onto his lap. He was hard. He lifted me a bit and eased himself inside me. Then the music began. Trumpets.

"DAMNIT!" I yelled as I realized it was the wake up call. I wanted my dream back, I wanted him the way I'd had him in my dream.