Engagement

The next two weeks had flown bye. We were now on our way to Jordan's parents house for their party. We pulled up to a beautiful log cabin and the valet took Jordan's place in the drivers seat when we got out. Hand in hand we walked up the steps to the house, Jordan's father was the first to greet us, then his mother.
"Jordan!" A man called his name, I must have been the only one who herd him because Jordan continued talking to his parents. I turned to see a large blonde man walking towards us.
"Hey man, if your going to ignore me, I'll just take your girl." The man said as he pulled me closer to him. I started to panic I didn't like for anyone to touch me but Jordan, after what happened with Alex.
"Let go of her aiden." Jordan said in a firm voice. Aiden let go and Jordan pulled into his safe embrace. Jordan's father cleared his throat,
"Miss paisleigh, would you like something to drink dear?" Mrs Collins asked as she put her arm behind my back but not touching me. I followed her to the bar area.
"I'm actually not old enough to to drink ma'am" I said in a low voice.
"Oh nonsense, I won't tell." She winked.
I'd drank 3 bud lights by the time Jordan found me again.
"Are you alright?"
I shook my head but he knew how I felt about other people touching me.
Once everybody was seated for dinner Jordan called for everybody's attention.
"I just wanted to say thanks to everybody for coming out tonight and helping us celebrate my wonderful parents anniversary." He paused and looked at me. Before he said another word he got down on his knee and pulled a small box out of his pocket.
"I would also like to ask my beautiful girlfriend to marry me, paisleigh Noel, would you do me the honor of becoming my wife?" I couldn't answer because of the lump growing in my throat. The room was quiet. I reached down and took his hand. He stood up and I cupped his face in my hands and kissed him. For a second I forgot we were in a room full of people until everybody started clapping and cheering.

The rest of the night consisted of people congratulating us on our engagement and a few dances. I was starting to get tipsy when Jordan decided it was time for us to go home. The entire drive Jordan held my hand. Once we got back home the first thing I did was change out of my dress and high heels. Once I had my yoga shorts and a t- shirt on I went back down stairs find a movie. Once Jordan was changed he came down and sat on the couch with me. I turned on "captain Philips" one of my favorite movies. Jordan and I fell asleep on the couch before the movie was part way over.

The next morning I woke up before Jordan did. Laura had texted me and asked if I wanted to meet her for breakfast. I texted her back and told her that she and wade could come over to Jordan's and I would cook. After I got dressed for the day I woke Jordan up and told him Laura and wade would be joining us for breakfast. Just as I was about to start the omelets there was a knock on the door. Jordan answered it and Laura walked into the kitchen with me while the guys sat in the family room and talked. When I finished dumping the mixture into the frying pan I turned to Laura and held up my left hand so she could see the ring. I told her all about the proposal while I finished cooking. She got the plates and glasses out and say the table.
"Hey do you want to go shopping today?" I asked her while I put the food on plates.
"Sure" she smiled. "Guys foods done!" She yelled to Jordan and wade.

When we were finished Laura and I were getting ready to leave, wade and Jordan had decided to go fishing while us girls shopped. Jordan gave me the key to his Tahoe and we were on our way. We went to Victoria's Secret first, we both picked out some new bras, bikinis and a few teddys. Then we went to forever 21 and got some new jeans, shorts and tops. We walked around the mall for a while then decided to go to tractor supply, one of my favorite places to shop for boots and belts.
Once we were finished there we decided to go to get something to eat before we went back to the base. The whole time we walked to the restaurant I felt like someone was following us. Once we were inside the restaurant Laura turned to me. 
"Did you see who was following us?" She asked in a low voice.
I shook my head no.
"It was Alex, I thought he was in jail?"
My heart started pounding when she said his name. We decided to get our food to go and headed back toward The place where I'd parked Jordan's suv. It was dark now, we turned down the sidewalk and someone turned out of the alley so they were right behind us. I stopped and a young man walked past us, I calmed down a little bit when I realized it wasn't him. Laura was a few feet in front of me when we started walking again, suddenly there was a hand over my mouth and I was being pulled behind one of the buildings.
"I told you I'd see you again, sweetheart." He said as he shoved his hand down my pants. I brought my head back as hard as I could,
"Stupid whore!" He screamed as he held his nose.
Just then Laura came back around the corner and sprayed mace in his face, together we ran back to the suv. We both jumped in and locked the doors. My whole body was shaking, how did he find me? How was he not in jail where he should be! I started the car and headed home.