Shame

Once I was dressed and ready for the day Laura and I walked to McDonald's for breakfast rather than the mass hall. We passed wade on the way. He smiled at Laura who smiled back.
"What's that about?" I asked with a smile.
"I'll tell you about it later." She winked.
As we walked into the restaurant I froze. He was standing at the counter paying for his food. I pulled Laura to a booth and sat with my back to him hoping he wouldn't notice me.
"Is he gone?" I asked with my head down.
"Nope." She smiled. "He's coming over here!"
"Ladies." Jordan said "today we will be meeting at the tree line at the east side of base."
"Yes, sir" Laura and I said at the same time.
He starred at me for a second before he took his food and coffee and walked out the door.
"And what was that about!" Laura teased.
"Let's eat and I'll tell you about it on the way to training."
We went up and ordered our food and talked about what we would be doing for today's training. But he still never left my mind.

"Now, explain." She said as we neared the meeting point.
"You first! I passed wade last night when I came from dinner."
"He came home with me last night.. And we talked" she smiled.
"Sergeant Collins kissed me, on the cheek but it still counts, right?"
"Yes! Oh my gosh that's so cute!" She said in a squeaky voice.

As we took our place in line everybody was talking to one another.  I looked down at my boots not wanting to make eye contact with him.
"ALRIGHT LADIES AND GENTS!" Everybody got quiet and stood straight giving full attention to sergeant Collins.
"HOPE YOU GOT YOUR HIKING BOOTS ON!"
Everybody was given an army pack and was told to fill it with the bags of sand stacked on the cart that sat to the side of us. We each had to put 5 bags of sand in our pack, each bag weighed 10 pounds even. This was going to suck. It was almost 90 degrees outside and we all had to be fully dressed for today. Including jackets. Once everybody had their packs on their back we sat off through the woods, jogging. Laura and I stayed together and fell behind quickly, we were both small girls. About 5 foot 3 inches tall and weighed about 110-120 pounds. But we never stopped. Everybody else was about a mile ahead of us. Sergeant Collins jogged back to where we were.
"PICK UP THE PACE LADIES!" He was yelling so loud and looked so angry. Why would he be like that to me after he kissed me!
"I SAID LETS GO, LANE!"
Fury raged through me, couldn't he see I was trying. He was jogging backwards but in front of me. Suddenly I felt a jolt of energy and I pushed myself harder. Getting closer to his I shoved him out of my way and herd a 'thud' as he hit the ground but I just kept going. Tears now streaming down my face.

I'd already turned the pack in and took my place in line. Laura walked out of the woods with sergeant asshole behind her. He looked directly at me but he didn't really look mad, maybe upset? Then I noticed blood on the left side of his head. Putting my head down i felt so much regret run through me.
"ALRIGHT, EVERYONE WILL BE CALLED UP TO RECEIVE THEIR PERSONAL PACK. LAST NAMES ARE EMBROIDERED ON THEM. ONCE YOUR NAME IS CALLED YOU WILL GO UP AND SIGN A PAPER. THEN YOU WILL BE HANDED YOUR PACK. INSIDE WILL BE YOUR DOG TAGS, A CANTEEN, A BLANKET, ROPE AND A BRAND NEW SWISS ARMY KNIFE. AFTER YOU RECEIVE YOUR PACK TAKE YOUR PLACE BACK IN LINE AND WAIT FOR FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS."  One by one our names were called. Once we all had our packs we were given an envelope witch held what looked like a credit card that was stuck to a paper explaining that this was a pay card witch loaded on Fridays and couldn't be over drawn. We were done for the day.

Laura and I walked back to the dorms in silence. I felt so ashamed for what I'd done to Jordan. Just as we were turning a corner Jordan was walking up the patio steps to his house.
"I'll catch up." I told her as I walked up the steps after him.
"What do you want?"he snapped.
"I'm sorry for what I done. You made me angry yelling at me like that.." I said. I could feel tears in my eyes and did every thing I could to hold them in.
"Come in?" He asked.
I followed him through the door.
"Excuse me while I go clean up."
I stood in the foyer looking around, to the left was the family room, down the hall was the kitchen and to my right was the stairs leading to the second floor. Wondering around wanting to see more, the living room had a cozy looking fireplace and nice brown leather. Everything looked so rustic. I turned and went up the stairs and down the hallway, admiring pictures and metals hanging on the wall. Finally I was in a bedroom, I assumed it was his because the one next to it was an office. I herd a door open and turned around to see him standing there, wrapped in a towel.
"So, you wanted to talk?"
I wanted so much more...

A/N: how do you like it so far? Please let me know!!