Anger

"Hey I think she's waking up!" Jordan yelled.
Either a nurse or doctor pulled each of my eye lids up and shined a bright light into them.
"She's not reacting to the light, just give her time."
I felt someone squeeze my hand again. This time it didn't take as much effort to move my body.
"it seems you were right mr. Collins, I will be back to check on her in an hour."
Slowly I was able to move parts of my body. My hands and feet then my arms and legs, Finally I opened my eyes. Jordan was standing over me with a smile on his face and tears in his eyes. He moved to stand beside my hospital bed,
"I thought I was going to lose you.." He said. Thinking about his words, being in the army is one of the most dangerous jobs in the world, what if we got sent out into combat? There would always be a very good chance I would get hurt in the line of duty. I wanted to say something to him but I had tubes down my throat. All I could do was let the tears flow freely.

Finally the doctor came in with 2 nurses and the feeding tubes were removed. The doctor introduced himself as doctor Carr and talked to me about the condition I'd been in the last couple days and explained that I'd be able to go home tomorrow if I continued showing signs of progress. After my vitals were checked Jordan and I were left alone.
"Go home and get yourself cleaned, I'll be okay for a few minutes."
"okay, I'm just going to get a shower and I'll be right back, I promise. Do you need anything?" He asked.
"I'll text you a list, do you have my phone?"
"No here's mine, text your phone and I'll get it when I get home, I love you paisleigh.."
"I love you.."
He kissed my head and left me by myself. I texted Jordan the list then Laura to see if she would come sit with me while Jordan was gone. It didn't even take her a minute to reply and she was there within 5 minutes.
"how are you feeling?" She asked as she walked into my room.
"Good.. Just have a lot on my mind.."
"you know Jordan hasn't left your side all week, he really cares about you pais."
"I know." I said "that's something that's got me thinking, the way he handled this situation. He was here with me instead of out there doing his job.." Laura looked at me like I was crazy.
"Don't look at me like that, what I'm trying to say is.. My life is always going to be at risk."
"So what are you saying?" Laura raised her eyebrows.
"I have no idea" I really didn't know..
"So now, what's going on with you and wade?" I wanted to change the subject.
"We're together now" she smiled. I smiled back. We sat for a while and talked about girl stuff, I was happy to have her to talk to. She was the only friend I had.
The phone started vibrating, Jordan texted to let me know he was picking up food and he was only about 10 minutes away. Laura decided to go so Jordan and myself could have some alone time, But as soon as she left I drifted off to sleep.

The next morning when I woke up I was alone, their was a note on my bedside table form Jordan that read

"Couldn't get today off, promise I'll keep it short so I can get done in time for you to come home.
-Jordan"

After about 20 minutes of sitting in silence a nurse came in
"Good morning paisleigh! I'm Samantha Collins, I'll be your nurse for today. Let's get your vitals then we can get that iv out of your arm."
She must be one of Jordan's sisters. She resembled him, her eyes were green like his and her hair was the same shade of brown as his.
"Your Jordan's sister?" I asked.
"I am" she said in a cheerful voice as she took the iv out of my arm.
"I can't believe he's stayed with you, he's usually not like this with his soldiers."
All I could do was force a small smile on my face, why wouldn't he tell her we were together? It made me feel sick to my stomach. It made me mad.
"Do you know when I will be discharged?"
"The doctor will be in shortly, once you see him we will get your paperwork started."
Once Samantha was done with me she washed her hands and moved on to her next patient. Now that I was free to get out of bed I went and got a 5 minute shower. Once I was finished with that I pulled on a pair of Capri yoga pants and a tank top and my robe. I started putting all my stuff in my bag. I wanted to get out of here as soon as possible, I was so angry at Jordan, he sat here with me all week, asked me to move in with him and he still didn't tell his own sister he was with me! The only person that really knew was Laura and that was because I had told her. As far as his sister knew I was his soldier and he was my sergeant. Finally the doctor came in and told me I was good to go and he gave me a prescription of antibiotics. I called the nurse back in and signed my discharge papers and I was free to go. I grabbed my bag and checked to make sure I had everything and left the hospital, by myself.

I hurried back to Jordan's and gathered up my things. It was almost 1:00pm I didn't know how much time I had. By the time I was done I had 3 bags of stuff, I went back to the dorms and went to Laura's instead of mine, thankfully she left her door unlocked. I knew once Jordan realized I wasn't at the hospital or his place he would come looking for me. I didn't want to see him right now. But tomorrow I had to return to training and I'd have no choice but to face him.