Chapter Three: Amaze Me

   Finally, the season of gift giving is here. Everyone can feel the spirit of Christmas. And Phoebe was ultimately happy. They did made her write something about this season to be published on February. Her writing skills would be of use! After laborously catering to all of Ms. G's demands, she finally got the chance to showcase her talent. But there was one problem, of course. The story assigned to her was 'The Gift of Finding Love', well, during this season. For one, she haven't had a boyfriend since birth. Next, she doesn't know anyone who happen to meet or fall in love at Christmas time. And, she's got to have the article on Ms. G's table in three week's time. Phoebe forgot all about showcasing her talent after realizing that she's got absolutely nothing to write about. Her smile turned upside down.

Relax, Phoebe. You can just fake it.

   Another voice in her head spoke.

That's lying! And I can't lie to Ms. G. I can't do that to Cosmo.

   Phoebe pouted. Well, goodbye internship.

   Just in time, Carmin arrived. She was carrying a cute little puppy. Phoebe can't help but adore the innocent-eyed creature.

"Awwww, isn't it cutesy?" Phoebe said while patting the puppy.

"Little puppy,that's Phoebe. My friend. Say hi," Carmin made the puppy wave its paw. "Her name's pinky. She's a boxer. Clyde gave it to me."

"Clyde? You didn't tell me you've got a boyfriend."

   Carmin raised a brow.

" Boyfriend? You didn't pay attention, didn't you?"

   Phoebe was confused. Carmin laughed.

"Clyde's my brother. You met him two months ago. You know, when you got that letter and you hurried to me."

"Ohhh..... Oh. Aha. I'm sorry. I'm buzzed at that time. The internship in Cosmo and all."

"Yeah. I'm so happy. He surprised me this morning and I was so thrilled. Best brother ever!"

   Phoebe smiled half-heartedly and sighed.

"Well, atleast someone's happy."

"Why? What's wrong?"

"I was finally asked to write an article."

   Now it was Carmin's turn to be confused.

"Why is that making you sad? Isn't it what you've been waiting for?"

"Well, yeah. But the problem is, I've got nothing to write about. See, the topic is 'Gift of Finding Love' and I don't know anyone who fell inlove during Christmas season. And as for me, well, that's out of question."

"I wish I could help you, but I really don't know anyone falling in love during this season either."

"Thanks anyways. I appreciate your will to help. Goodbye Cosmo."

   Phoebe was about to leave when a bright idea struck Carmin. Carmin ran towards her friend.

"Phoebe! Wait! I've got it! I've got it!"

"Huh? What is it?"

"I've got just the right thing to do for you and your article."

"Really, you do?" Phoebe said, anticipating her friend's suggestion.

"I'll set you up on blind dates!"

   Phoebe's expression changed.

"You'll what?!"