Chapter 30 - Secrets of a traitor

"I'm friends with the Monster,

That's under my bed.

Get along with the voices inside of my head.

You trying to save me,

Stop holding your breath.

And you think I'm crazy.

Yeah you think I'm crazy...

WELL, THAT'S NOTHING."

I sang along to the soothing voice of Rihanna and nodded my head to the beat of Eminem's hypnotic voice, as I walked to school.

"He's the only man I need in my life"

I chanted but I knew it wasn't true. What I really needed was to find out what was going on with Connor. Over the past week, he hadn't talked to me at all. He ignored my calls and texts and never visited me. I had been to his house a few times but he didn't answer the door. I sighed as I strolled through the school gates. Every pair of eyes watched me as I kept my head down, making my way to class. Whispers sounded like shouts.

"I can't believe she nearly killed Jess."

"I heard she had a gun and..."

"How do you get a gun in Britain? "

"I dunno! Just let me finish, okay? So-"

I walked faster ignoring all the rumours and truths.

"OI!" I turned my head to the shout and saw Alex running towards me with Jaxx, Coco and Carrie behind her. I smiled at them. "So the Rumours are worse than ever!" Coco started, "Apparently Jess' little crew of clones decided, over the weekend, to make your life a living hell,"

"Good thing you have us," Jaxx said. We all made our way over to a bench in the corridor and started talking. We sat for ages not talking about much until Carrie suggested something.

"Come on," She said, "This place is a shit hole. Let's bunk off." All of them nodded eagerly but I didn't really know what to do. Even though I had done my fair share of fucked up things, I didn't really want to feel the rath of my mum and brother if they found out I skipped school.

"What happens if we get caught?" I butted in.

"They don't give a shit," Jaxx said, and everyone nodded in agreement. We all stood up and walked out the gate just as the first bell for first period went off. Everyone walked to class while we went into the other direction. As we made our way to a bus stop, I took a look back and saw Arron staring at me. In return, I flipped him off, earning laughter from all four girls. We caught the bus and sat at the back.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"My house," Alex said.

No one else uttered a word for the rest of the journey.

Alex lived in a massive skyscraper that towered over the rest of the run down shops and council houses. It was definitely a minky part of town.

As we stepped into the old lift that smelt of piss and beer, my phone told me I had 3 texts.

Connor♥ *8:27*- We need 2 talk. Call me.

Arron *9:48* - Where the fuck did you go with those bunch of misfits? Ffs Mags. The day has just started and you're already pissing me off. Call me when you get this. Or your brother will find out.

Arron *10:14* - p.s I need you so much right now xx

I sighed at Arron's bi polar attitude.