Chapter 5 ~ Forgiveness isn't in my Dictionary

This chapter is dedicated to darkfiremage because, well, she'll know, but also because she is yet another inspiration for me and for KC Blarez. She's such a wonderful person and symbolizes KC's spirit in such a positive way.

Thanks again, darkfiremage :)

~KC Blares

****************************************************************************************************

Ashington Upper Middle School

Five years ago

Seventh grade

"Hey, Katie!" Chloe's clan of witches called from the other side of the auditorium. Letting out a frustrated sigh, knowing that I shouldn't, I looked up from my script and turned to them.

"What?" I bit, throwing them a spiteful glare. Somehow, they found that funny and couldn't help themselves but giggle.

"So, we heard about your relationship," Chloe hissed, a sly grin slithering to her face as she exchanged looks with her friends. I knew I was just taking the bait by going along with it, but it wouldn't make things any easier for me if I just ignored them. Trust me, I've tried and it's like ignoring a bee that is buzzing right in your ear.

"What relationship?"

"Your relationship with Chloe's dog!" Sydney, Ella, and Jessie blurted out, laughing, in unison. Chloe's slim little face was red as she was practically laughing her lungs out, doubled over and appreciating when Sabrina and Maeve joined in.

I growled, rolling my eyes as I turned away from them. If I could yell at them everything that was going on in my head, I would, but I was stronger than them and I can't stoop down to their level. I wouldn’t.

Present Day

"They're such posers," Maggie growled, glaring up at Chloe, Sydney, and Ella as they sat together, drinking smoothies a few tables over in the mall food court. They giggled with each other as they tried getting the attention of a couple boys a table over from them.

"Tell me about it," I muttered, rolling my eyes as I leaned back in my seat and taking a french fry from the basket in the center.

"And that hair cut Chloe got makes her head look too big for her body," Amber chimed in, her eyes narrowed at the queen bee-otch. “Just like a Barbie doll,” she spat.

"Oh, her head's been too big for her body since the day she was born," Danica remarked, snickering as she took a sip of her soda. “I’m surprised her mother survived giving birth to that thing.”