Chapter 41 ~ Wide Awake

PLEASE

COMMENT

AND

VOTE!

~KC Blares

 *****************************************************************************************************

 Chapter 41 ~ Wide Awake

Damon’s P.O.V.

            I was woken early in the morning by a horrendous scream, ringing my ears. KC was awake again, shaking with fright and howling in pain. Her eyes were wide open, her irises flickering again like they had the day before.

            “KC,” I said as calmly as any guy could when he is woken up at four in the morning from screaming right in his ear. I gripped her forearms reassuringly, straddling her so that I could look her in the eyes, get her to see me.

            “Get away,” she seethed through clenched teeth, her eyes burning red and her arms trying to break away from both the restraints and my grip. She arched her back and furiously bit back a scream, her hands balling up into fists.

            “KC, look at me,” I gently grabbed her chin and tilted her head so that she looked at me, her muscles tensing at my touch. Her eyes flickered again, this time pausing on black, her lips curling into a sly smile.

            “Well ain’t this cozy?” she snickered, looking me up and down. She was dripping with the scent of spice and I found myself once again fighting my instincts, knowing it was the poison that was making her act like this and not her own free will.

            “Come on, sweetheart, snap out of it,” I begged, searching her eyes for some sign of the KC I had come to love. However, they suddenly darkened and red flashed by quickly before they stopped at grey.

            “What did you just call me?” she snarled, her body stilled and I knew instantly I had said something I shouldn’t have. A low, warning growl echoed from her chest as her breathing slowed.

            “Nothing,” I blurted, my voice coming out as quiet as a whisper. KC’s eyes narrowed as they bore into mine, her lips pressed together to form a straight line.

            “Don’t you ever call me sweetheart,” she warned before she winced, a groan trying to force itself through her sealed lips. “Or I swear I will gut you like a deer,” her eyes flashed again, but it appeared that KC was trying to grip her real self, grey pulsing around her pupils while her irises flickered.

            “I’m sorry, Katie,” I murmured, realizing a moment later what I had called her. She stared up at me with widened eyes, her mouth slightly gaping.