Chapter 34 ~ Territory is Land and Wolf

PLEASE

COMMENT

AND

VOTE!!!!

~KC Blares

*********************************************************************************

Chapter 34 ~ Territory is Land and Wolf

Damon’s P.O.V.

I paced back and forth furiously, the note clenched tightly in one hand, KC’s dress in the other, listening to the chatter swarming around the room. All I could feel was emptiness and anxiety, there was an important piece missing from my heart and I hated it way too much. Why did I hate it this much?

What the heck did it mean about returning what my parents stole? What did they think I had? But without it, how will I get my mate back unharmed?

            “What are you thinking about over there?” Dan’s voice tore through my mind. I glanced across the room at him while continuing my pacing, noticing him spare a quick glance before returning his attention back to the discussion.

            “What’s it to you?” I hissed, the dress being clenched tighter in my fist. I still remember how the thin little piece of material slipped off KC’s body, gliding to her feet and revealing her to me.

            “Your face is strained in thought, the note is clenched in one hand so tightly I’m surprised it’s not shredded to pieces, and KC’s dress is gripped tightly in the other. Someone’s looking like the male mate he didn’t want to be,” his voice taunted and a smirk was tugging at his lips, getting him a weird glance from his red-haired mate.

            “What’s your point?” I asked, holding the dress tighter as though someone was threatening to take it away from me.

            “My point is that someone seems to deeply care about our lil’ butt kicker,” his eyebrows rose as he inhaled, his nose twitching. “And that someone smells like a mix of lavender and wood,

            “She might’ve rubbed up against me,” I answered, trying to just stop the conversation. He coughed over a snicker, everyone in the room silencing to look curiously at him. He just shrugged them off and asked them to continue, but Amber was glaring straight at me.

            “Mmm, I’m sure that’s exactly what happened.” Dan’s eyes glinted and I immediately caught his drift, my body stiffening. When I glared fiercely in his direction he winced, but not because of me. Amber was stepping on his toes, her jaw clenched tightly as she glanced back in my direction before back up at her mate. Just by the look on both their faces, it expressed that they were talking to each other through the mind link.