Chapter 6

Chapter 6

       Hunter helped me record some of my songs and he put it on a flashdrive before taking it with him to the recording studio. He pretended that he found it left there and gave it to my dad. The same day, my new music was playing on the radio.

       It was a weird hearing my songs all over the radio but at the same time....I don't know, it was also cool.

       Mom and Dad went out of town for the weekend and I didn't really like being alone at home, which was weird because I liked being alone everywhere else, so Genesis was staying with me. But Dad didn't trust us -really, Dad?- so Hunter was staying over as well since his wife and son were at his father-in-law's house.

       The front door opened and Genesis walked in quite angrily, followed by Cannon. "Babe, come on," Cannon said.

       "Don't call me babe," Genesis said. "First of all, you're married...."

       "It's his thing, Annalise doesn't mind," Hunter spoke up. "He calls everyone babe."

       "I don't care," Genesis said. "I never want to see you again, Cannon. Or should I say Kenny?"

       "Ooh, she went for my real name," Cannon said. "I think she's mad."

       "I am mad!" Genesis said. "You ruined my date!"

       I swear, if that was why Cannon asked where her date was, I was going to kill him. Sure, I was in loved with Genesis, but I also wanted her to be happy. And if a bug jerk and self-absorbed jock would make her happy, that what was I to do?

       "Cannon, what did you do?" Hunter asked.

       "Nothing, I swear," Cannon said.

       "Nothing?!" Genesis asked. "You showed up at the movies, kept throwing popcorn at me and Chandler and acted all innocent when I looked at you. You 'accidentally' spilled your drink on Chandler and after Chandler was all cleaned up and back in the movies, you complained to the usher and got Chandler kicked out even though he didn't do anything."

       "Excuse me, but that Chandler guy actually did do something," Cannon said.

       "Like what?" Genesis asked, crossing her arms over her chest.

       "I'm sworn to secrecy," Cannon said.

        I had to say, I was a bit happy that Cannon decided to ruin Genesis's date, especially because I had nothing to do with it. That meant there was no more Genesis and Chandler.

       "Get out," Genesis said.

       "No can do, babe, I want some popcorn," Cannon said before heading into the pantry to get some popcorn. He always did that when he came to my house. He would go raid the pantry, mainly to get popcorn.

       Genesis took off her shoes and sat down beside me on the couch with a huff. "Now I see why you hate him," she said.

       "Come on, he meant no harm," Hunter said.

       Genesis scoffed. "Then why would he purposefully go to the movies just to ruin my date? Cannon doesn't even go to the movies anymore. He has one in his house!"

       "I don't know," Hunter said, even though he actually did know the reason. "Cannon does things and nobody knows why."

       "Maybe Cannon's secretly in love with you and he got jealous," I joked. 

       Genesis gave me a fake laugh before hitting me with a pillow. "I probably can't even stay mad at Cannon," she said. "He's lucky Chandler is giving me another chance."