Chapter 35 | Final Chapter

Omg, this being the final chapter came as a shock to me as well. I have no ideas except for the final chapter omg.

Chapter 35

       High school graduation: The one day I have been waiting for my whole life. I couldn't stand going to school everyday where I was surrounded by people I didn't know. My anxiety always got so bad.

       The only thing I thought I was going to have a problem with was walking across the stage to receive my diploma.

       However, after singing in front of the school, in front of a restaurant, at a charity concert, and booking a national tour, I knew this was going to be the easiest thing I ever had to do.

       I was shocked when my dad booked me a national tour, but at the same time, I was excited. I was able to perform in front of people now and I couldn't wait to meet my fans from all over the country.

       In fact, we were leaving after the graduation ceremony, and Genesis was coming along with me. Word got around on the internet that my girlfriend would be coming on our with me and Genesis's mom immediately found out and tried gaining custody of her just so she wouldn't be able to leave New York.

       Genesis's dad laughed his head off, reminding his ex-wife that Genesis was eighteen before hanging up on her.

       "I still can't believe we're finally getting out of high school," Genesis said.

       "Same here," I said. 

       "And I also can't believe you are going on tour," she said with a smile. "Are you excited?"

       "Surprisingly, yes," I said. "I'm not even the slightest bit worried about how many people will be staring at me. All I tell myself is that they wouldn't even be at the concert if they didn't like my music. There is no way they would ever boo me or anything like that."

       "That's a great way to think," Genesis said. "I'm happy I get to come with you. I don't know what I would do if I was away from you for three months."

       "It's simple," I said. "Just do what you did when you were dating Chandler."

       Genesis gave me a sarcastic laugh. "You're so funny, Zander." She rolled her eyes before kissing my cheek. "I'm glad I was able to finally get out of that relationship. I never want to go through something like that again."

       "You won't," I said. "I guarantee that."

       The ceremony was about to start, so we had to go sit down in our chairs. Genesis was a few seats away from me since there weren't too many people who had a last name beginning with K or L.

       Unfortunately, with her being so close to me, it gave me the opportunity to keep looking at her and either smiling or making weird faces. If there was one thing I loved about Genesis, it was that I was never uncomfortable around her.

       When it was Genesis's turn to cross the stage, I made sure she was looking at me as I made a heart-shape with my fingers and mouthed, "I love you."

       She rolled her eyes, but she mouthed, "I love you, too."

       I knew Cannon and Hunter were in the audience, but I did not expect Cannon to do something while I was crossing my stage. However, with Cannon, you always have to expect the unexpected.

       While I was crossing the stage, Cannon decided to be the pest he was and yell, "Sha la la la la la, my oh my, look like the boy to shy, he ain't gonna kiss the girl!"

       The principal Mrs. Sherman, who was the principal when Cannon went to the school, immediately spotted him a glared. "Cannon Venturi, I know you're trying to be supportive of your friend, but please do not disrupt the ceremony," she said.

       Cannon just shrugged and sat back down.

       After the last person went across the stage, the valedictorian then gave her speech. A lot of people, and I do mean a lot, nominated me to be valedictorian. It was one thing to write and perform songs, but I would definitely not be able to write a speech if my life depended on it.

       She soon finished the speech and we were officially announced as graduated. Some people threw the caps in the air. I didn't, do. I'd rather not.

       I walked over to Genesis and pulled her into a hug. "We're no longer stuck in prison," I said.

       "You mean high school?"

       "It's the same thing," I said before leaning down and giving her a quick kiss. "Come on, let's go see our parents before we have to leave."

       Genesis and I intertwined our hands together before we started walking to where our parents were. However, we were shortly stopped but Chandler who stood right in front of us. "What do you want?" Genesis asked.

       "I see you two are still dating," Chandler said.

       "What gave it away?" Genesis asked. "The fact that we're holding hands or all the posts all over the internet about us dating?"

       "You know Zander doesn't really love you," Chandler said.

       "Right, because you know how I feel," I said sarcastically. "Look, what you and Genesis is in the past and that is where it will always be. The past."

       "Yeah," Genesis said. "After all, Zander and I have spent so many glorious nights together."

       Chandler glared at me. "I will hurt you really badly."

       "Oh, is that a threat?" I asked. "Because good luck trying to do so. I will be travelling across the country, so I won't even be here for three months. But good try."

       I then pulled Genesis away from him and while we were walking to our parents, she kissed my cheek. "That was amazing how you were able to talk him down," she said. "Normally, you wouldn't have been able to do that."

       "Well, I am a change person now," I said. "And I couldn't be happier. Now, let's get ready for the next three months of our lives."

_______________

Omg, I did not expect for chapter 35 to be the last chapter, but it is lol. AND I LOVE WHAT CANNON DID. cx 

I will miss the Fame characters BUT they will be featured sometimes in Major Vocal's books. So far, MV will have at least two books.

And there will be a 5th Fame book, but it won't come for a while.

I'll be able to post the first chapter of Major Vocal within an hour or two because I already started the first chapter. In fact, here's a preview to get you excited:

Thank you so much for reading this book! I love you all!

-Laeti