Chapter 21

Chapter 21

       Everyone now knew that Kevin Millington's very own son was they mystery singer that his recording studio was looking for. Some say it was a publicity stunt, others say he actually didn't know it was me.

       He had to talk to a lot of people and even went on two talk shows, telling them the truth. Well, apart from my phobia. He just told them that there was a very personal reason that I didn't come forward and how even though I did come forward, I was having to take things slow.

       Even though I was the son of the owner of Cold Sonic Entertainment, I was still signed to it. I did get other offers but I didn't want to get used to a whole new recording studio.

      I was also getting a lot of requests to appear on talk shows, but that was one thing I couldn't do quite yet.

       Everything was going really fast. All of this happened in a span of four days.

       Three of those four days was really rocky between me and Genesis, but only because she was paranoid that Chandler would go after her. I kept reminding her that me, Cannon, and Hunter weren't going to let that happen.

       Genesis and I weren't even showing any sign at school that we were boyfriend and girlfriend because that would piss of Chandler even more. We were going to wait for two weeks before we started showing affection at school.

       At my house, however, we showed a lot of affection. We honestly couldn't stop kissing, but who cares?

       Genesis has even been spending the nights at my house because she wanted to make up for having to avoid me. Her mom was on a business trip and her dad was okay with Genesis staying here.

       Mom was ecstatic when I told her that Genesis and I were dating. She has always wanted us together, though she never told us because she didn't want to pressure us. But now, she already started planning our wedding.

       I was getting changed out of my pajamas and right when I was about to pull my shirt over my head, my bedroom door opened. "Zander, I have a question," Genesis said as she walked in.

      "Is the question 'How do I knock'?" I asked.

      "What? No," she said. "I need your opinion on what shirt to wear."

       "That's not a question," I pointed out.

       "Fine," she said. "Which shirt should I wear? This one...." She gestered to the purple shirt she was wearing. "Or this one." She was holding another shirt in her hand and I honestly thought she was just going to hold it up.

       She didn't.

       Instead, she peeled off the shirt she was wearing before putting on the blue plaid top, buttoning it up painfully slow.

       "Uh....The, um, b-blue one."

       Genesis looked down at the shirt she was now wearing before giving me a smile. "Yeah, I think this one is better. You should probably put a shirt on, by the way. We have to go soon." She kissed my cheek before walking out of my bedroom.

       She really enjoyed making me stutter at times.

       I sighed and put my shirt on before grabbing my wallet and heading downstairs where Genesis was waiting.

       The front door suddenly opened and Hunter and Cannon walked in. "Don't you two have homes?" I asked.

       "Yes," Hunter said. "Violet keeps getting mad at me, though, so I'm waiting until she's over her constant anger issues."