Chapter 22

Chapter 22

       The annoying sound of my alarm clock going off woke me up, Monday morning. I rubbed my eyes before opening them, seeing Genesis sleeping soundly with her head resting on my chest.

       "Gen," I said softly, gently shaking her to wake her up.

       She stirred for a bit before opening her eyes and looking at me with a smile. "Morning," she said. "Do we have to go to school today?"

       "Unfortunately, yes," I said. "What time did you fall asleep?"

       Last night, after trying so hard to fall asleep, Genesis came into my room and laid down beside me. I fell asleep shortly after, so I had no idea what time she fell asleep.

       "I don't know," she said. "After one, I think. I was on my phone all night. I feel famous."

       "Why do you feel famous?" I asked.

       "Because my boyfriend's famous."

       "I am not famous," I said.

       "Uh, you kind of are," she said, grabbing her phone off her nightstand and going on the internet. "You're trending right now. There are a lot of news articles about you.The mystery singer revealed as seventeen year old Zander Millington. Kevin Millington's son is the mystery singer. Mystery singer revealed at high school talent show. And my personal favorite, Zander Millington, the mystery singer, and girlfriend on spotted at baseball game."

       "Wow," I said.

       "You know the best part of you being the mystery singer?" Genesis asked.

       "You get famous for dating me?" I guessed.

       Genesis gave me a flat look. "No, of course not. I don't care about fame."

       "Which is why you said you feel famous," I said.

       Genesis sighed. "Can you shut up for a second? The best part about you being the mystery singer is that it was you all along that made me feel better. You know the songs made me feel a lot better, and I'm glad it was my best friend and not some random person I didn't know. I guess that's why it felt some familiar."

       "You're not mad that I never told you?" I asked.

       "Not really," Genesis said. "Why did you decide to enter the talent show anyway? Especially with your agoraphobia?"

       "Well, Chandler was being all macho. I asked him to stay away from you because I kind of figured what was going on, and he said the only way that would happen was if I entered the talent show and beat him. I know he was being sarcastic, but I did it anyway. I did it for you."

       Genesis smiled before leaning forward and pressing her lips softly on mine. "Thank you, Zander," she said. "The song you sand was really beautiful. All the songs you write are."

       I smiled back at her. "Thank you. We should probably get ready for school now."

       "Right," she said.

       We both got out of bed and she headed to the guest room. Today was actually the last day she would be spending the night at my house considering her mom was going to be back home by the time school ended. Her mom wasn't okay with her sleeping over anymore because apparently, being in a house this big with busy parents would only mean the Genesis and I would....do a bit more than just sleeping in the same bed.

       Funny, because her mom said that when we were just best friends.

       After I was changed, I went to my washroom to brush my teeth and my hair. When I finished, I walked back into my bedroom and grabbed my backpack and my phone before heading downstairs. I had to wait a bit longer for Genesis, but she didn't take too long, thankfully.

       When we were ready to go, we went to my car and got in before I drove to the school. At school, a lot of people would approach me to talk to me about my songs or my singing, but they thankfully didn't stay talking to me for too long. And luckily, no big group of people tried talking to me all at once. That, I wouldn't have been able to handle.

       As soon as Genesis and I walked into the school, Chandler walked up to us. "Well, I guess it doesn't take you too long to move on from me, Genesis," he said sternly, crossing his arms over his chest.

       "What are you talking about?" Genesis asked, a tiny bit of fear hidden in her voice.

       "How you are dating this....this loser," he said. "Seriously? You chose him over me?"

       "I'm not...."

       "Don't even try denying it," he said. "I was at the baseball game on Saturday. Unless you're a type a best friends that kiss each other, I'm positive you're dating."

       "So what?" I asked. "She's allowed to date whoever she wants. And you're supposed to leave her alone, remember? Or did that bet at the talent show mean nothing?"

       Chandler glared at me before looking at Genesis. "Break up with Zander," he said in a demanding voice.

       "W-what?" Genesis asked. "You....you can't...."

       "Do it," he said. "You don't even like him."

       "Stop trying to control her life," I said. "She broke up with you, get over it."

       "Not when she doesn't even like you," Chandler said.

       "I-I do," Genesis said in a quiet voice. "I....I love Zander, you know that."

       "Oh, really?" he asked with a smirk. "Because remember that one night we spent together? On my bed? With not too many clothes?" The first bell rang. "Would you look at that. I have to get to class."

       As he walked away, my fists were clenched. Hearing him say that....Of course she was dating him so if it happened, it happened. I had no control over it.

       Genesis intertwined her hand in mine. "It didn't happen," she said.

       I looked over at her. "What?"

       "Chanlder and I never had sex," she said. "We were close to it, that's what he was talking about, but that was at the time that I knew I was in love with you and I couldn't go through with it. So, I gave him the amazing excuse of being on my period."

       "Oh," I said. "S-so, you're s-still a...."

       "Yes, I'm still a virgin," Genesis said. "I promised myself my first time would be with some I love and I could see me spending the rest of my life with."

       "Do you....you know....s-see yourself spending the rest of your life....with me?"

       Genesis smiled and gave me a kiss. "Yes, I do. Who better to spend the rest of my life with. By the way, you are really cute when you stutter. Now we should get to class and the best part is that we can hold hands on the way there now that everyone knows about it."

       I smiled back at her. "And by the way, I see me spending the rest of my life with you, too."

______________________

Zenesis is so cute. *whispers* Kawaiiiiiiii....

There may or not be a 5th Fame book. I have a book planned about a band on tour, but I don't know if it will be in the Fame series or be a separate series. It doesn't relate to any of the characters in this series, so it might be on its own.