Chapter 20

Zander doesn't actually sing Treat You Better because he didn't actually write the song, but JUST IMAGINE HIM SINGING IT. cx

Chapter 20

       The talent show was today and I was starting to feel a lot more nervous than when I performed in front of the people working at the recording studio. This time, I was singing in front of people I could barely tolerate. But if I wanted this to work, if I wanted Genesis to stay away from Chandler, I had to do it.

       Hunter and Cannon were actually hosting the talent show since they were actually students at the school before. All the teachers agreed that the two would actually liven things up. When they were together, they could liven up anything.

       All the participants and anybody watching were to meet in the auditorium. As soon as I walked in with my guitar, I saw Genesis, who wasn't standing with Chandler for once. I smiled at her, but she immediately looked down. That was when I saw Chandler standing nearby, glaring at her.

       If I wasn't a nice person, I would have attempted to beat him up by now. But I was too nice. That and he was on the football team, so I was not going to take any chances.

       Chandler walked over to me, crossing his arms over his chest. "You're actually entering the talent show?" he asked. "This will be hilarious to watch. I asked Genesis if you could sing and she said she has never heard you sing before. You must be that bad if you never sang in front of your best friend. Oh, sorry, ex-best friend."

       "Remember what you said?" I asked, ignoring his comment. "That if I beat you, you'll leave her alone?"

       "I wasn't serious," he said.

       "Right, because you're scared that I actually will beat you," I said.

       "What?" he asked. "No way. I'm not scared of anything. In fact, I'll take you on. If I win, you'll have to stay away from her and stay away from me. But if you somehow win, then sure, I'll stay away from her." He snorted before walking away.

       Never be too confident.

       He actually did change his talent from flexing his muscles to weightlifting. He was really full of himself. But thankfully, we had teachers judging and not the students because all the girls would probably vote for him.

        Then again, they did seem to like my singing, so maybe they would have voted for me.

       Soon enough, the talent show started with Hunter and Cannon introducing themselves, then Cannon being lame and telling stupid jokes.

       "Hey! You aren't funny!" Chandler called. "Let some real talent on the stage!" That got some people to chuckle.

       "Oh, sorry," Cannon said. "Obviously I'm not talented enough to have millions of fans, have millions of dollars, have an album go platinum, and have an international tour. My bad."

       There was even more laughter, and some applause and cheers this time. Sorry, Chandler, but you need to think before you open your big mouth.

       Hunter started the talent show and one by one, all the participants began performing. Thankfully, I was last so I could start building up the courage.

       When Chandler went on, all the girls swooned when he lifted the weights. All except Genesis. She glanced at me once before looking down at the ground.

       Once it was almost my turn, I had to head backstage to get ready. Hunter was there and I walked over to him. "Ready?" he asked.

       "A bit," I said. "I'm feeling nervous. But, on the bright side, Chandler was stupid enough to actually say he will leave Genesis alone if I win. But I doubt he would keep his promise."