Chapter 17

Chapter 17

       As soon as I walked into my English class, I officially had another reason to hate Chandler. He was sitting in my spot with Genesis, which made no sense considering they sat in another place after Genesis started avoiding me.

       The second bell rang, so I had no choice but to sit down somewhere. I could already feel my heart racing. I couldn't sit too close to people I wasn't comfortable with. I had to sit in that one spot, but Chanlder had to take my spot.

       Mrs. Rush started collecting the homework that was due, but I couldn't find my folder where it was in. I sighed, rubbing my forehead. Great. Just great.

       Mrs. Rush came over to me. "Do you have your homework, Zander?" she asked. I couldn't answer. I was finding it really hard to breathe and I was trying my hardest to control my breaths. "Zander, I need your homework please."

       I still couldn't answer because of me finding it hard to breathe, but I also didn't have to because there was a knock on the classroom door. Mrs. Rush went to see who it was and shortly after, Hunter was by my desk. "Hey, are you okay?" he asked. I shook my head in reply, so he looked at Mrs. Rush. "I don't think he's well enough to be at school right now. Can he leave?"

       "Yes, of course," Mrs. Rush said. Hunter handed her my homework folder, which was probably why he was here. I guess we has at my house like always and saw it.

       Hunter grabbed my belongings before helping me up from my seat and leading me out of the classroom. I leaned against the wall beside the door, taking deep breaths before wiping a tear from my eyes. "I probably just humiliated myself," I said.

       "No, of course you didn't," he said. "Was that a panic attack?"

       I shook my head. "No, but it was close to one. I can't sit too close to people and Chandler was sitting in the only spot I could sit in without feeling like I was going to have a panic attack. He is seriously ruining my life. I did nothing to him and he just...." I sighed and wiped another tear away.

       "Don't worry," Hunter said. "Cannon told me he's figuring things out. He talked to Genesis on the phone yesterday and she said she couldn't tell him everything if she wanted to stay safe. She also wants you to know that she doesn't want to stay away from you, but she has to for now."

       "That's basically confirmation that Chandler is hurting her," I said. "Can't I get involved? I can't let him get away with it any longer."

       "Look, I know you love her, but trust Cannon," he said. "He's doing things very discretely and if you get involved, that would only make Chandler even more pissed and probably hurt Genesis more. Cannon can do this, okay?"

       I sighed. "Okay."

       "Good," he said. "Now do you want to come to the recording studio to help me with some songs? Your dad's there and I'll explain to him that you're not well enough to be in school today."

       "Okay," I said. "I'll meet you there."

       Hunter handed me my belongings and left the school. I went to my locker to put my stuff in. As soon as I opened the door, a piece of paper fell out. I put my stuff in my locker before bending down and picking it up.

       Zander, I can't tell you what's going on, but you probably know by now that Cannon is helping me out. We're just going along with the whole internship thing so I could talk to him. I'm trying to get away from Chanlder, believe me. We'll go back to how things were before soon, I promise. Love, Genesis.

       Reading this piece of paper gave me a bit of hope, but I still didn't know how long it would take until she could get away from him. I just hoped it was soon.

       "What's that?" a voice suddenly asked. I looked up and saw Chanlder leaning against the locker beside my and Genesis's.

       "Why?" I asked.

       "Well, I'm just wondering why you're at Genesis's locker," he said.

       "You do know that we share a locker, right?" I asked, shoving the piece of paper in my back pocket.

       "Oh, really?" he asked. "Well, considering she doesn't want to be friends with you anymore, she's probably going to want to move in to my locker. Oh, and just out of curiosity, who is her friend Kenny?"

       "I don't know," I said. "Why?"

       "No reason," he said. "Well, it was nice talking to you."

       He was about to walk away, but I stopped him. "Wait," I said. He turned around to look at me with raised eyebrows. "I need you to just....leave Genesis alone."

       "No," he said. "She's my girlfriend so whatever delusion you have about our relationship, you're wrong. She doesn't like you anymore, so get over it and let it go."

       "I'm not going to let her go," I said. "She's my best friend and I don't want to see her getting hurt."

       "She isn;t," Chandler said. "You're being very delusional, Zander. She doesn't like you anymore. Get that through your head and don't you dare go anywhere near her again." He walked off and I slammed the locker shut.

_________________________

You know what I hate? (Besides Chandler) When people tell me to get a life. :/ So, I am currently at a campsite (with WiFi) and my grandma, who's at a different campsite, walks over and sees a few of us on our electronics and said we need to get a life. Um, hello? Writing is my life.

Anyway, I am about to head off to a beach to let my tablet charge, then I will get back to writing, though I might write one more chapter before I go. KEEP THE GUESSES COMING.