Chapter 25

Chapter 25

       "Gen, thank you so much for doing this for me," I said as she set up her laptop.

       "No problem," she said, giving me a smile.

       I tried making the video to explain why I couldn't perform yet or be in front of too many people, but I couldn't even make five seconds without panicking and turning off the camera. When I told Genesis, she offered to make the video for me.

       It was reasons like this that made me love her so much.

       After she posted the video, I was going to send out a tweet for people to watch, that way they know that it was real and not posted by some random person making up a story about me.

       "Are you going to stay in the room?" Genesis asked.

       I nodded. "Yeah, I'm just going to stay away from the camera."

       "Okay," she said. "Do you want me to say the exact reason, or just a simplified version?"

       "I think....I think you should say the exact reason," I said. "It would probably help people understand it more."

       Genesis gave me a smile. "Okay, I'm about to start," she said. "And you're fine with them knowing you're in the room, right? As long as you're not on camera?"

       I nodded and walked over and gave her a kiss. "Thank you, again. I don't know any other way to explain everything."

       "You're welcome," she said.

       I smiled and kissed her cheek before going back to my bed and sitting down on it. I gave Genesis a nod and she started recording the video on her laptop. "Hey, everyone," she said. "So, most of you probably clicked on this video because of the tweet Zander sent out. I am going to be explaining everything, why he isn't performing anywhere, why he isn't going on talk shows. I've known Zander ever since kindergarten. We've been best friends ever since and we are dating now, so I know what's going on almost more than everyone. He tried filming a video explaining everything, but he just couldn't do it, so I offered to do it for him. Zander has an anxiety disorder called agoraphobia. It's a fear of crowded or enclosed public spaces. It's hard for him to be somewhere, knowing that a lot of people are looking at him. He's trying to get passed it, believe me. Despite what the media is saying, he does like it when people stop him for an autograph or even a picture."

       "Gen," I said in a quiet voice. She looked over at me. "Explain the talent show."

       "In depth?" she asked.

       "Only if you want to," I said.

       "Okay," she said before looking back at the camera. "Zander wants me to explain the talent show because you're probably confused since I said he can't be in front of people. I was in a relationship that wasn't healthy at all. The guy was controlling and possessive, and he hated me being around Zander, so I stopped hanging out with him. I wanted to get out of the relationship but I couldn't. And the guy was a bit....egotistical, I guess. He signed up for the talent show and Zander told him to stay away from me, but the guy said only if Zander performs in the talent show and beats him. And at school, Zander is known as the quiet guy, so the guy I was with thought Zander couldn't do it. But he did. The only reason he got on the stage was for me. It was hard for him, but he did it."

       Genesis looked at me and gave me a smile, so I smiled back.

       "Oh," Genesis said to the camera. "If you haven't guessed already, Zander is in the room with me. Anyway, Zander didn't tell anyone that he was the mystery singer. He didn't tell his parents at all, so no, it wasn't a publicity stunt. The only people that knew was Hunter Bolton because he figured it out and Cannon Venturi because he heard him one day. He didn't even tell me, and he tells me everything, so that should show how serious it is. He's trying his hardest to get over it. Right now, we're trying to think of a way that would help him sing in front of other people. Until then, please be patient with him. He wants to get out there and perform, but he can't yet. Oh, and one more thing before I end this video. If you see him and you want an autograph or a picture, don't be afraid to do it. As long as a huge mob of people doesn't rush to him, he'll be fine, although he doesn't really get out much because he has no life."

       "Hey!" I said before throwing a pillow at her.

       "I'm kidding," she said.

       "I'm mad. We're no longer friends."

       "I love you."

       "You liar."

       "I swear, I do."

       "Prove it."

       Genesis rolled her eyes. "Okay, I'll do anything. Name it."

       I thought for a bit. "How about you....Kiss my feet?"

       Genesis face scrunched in disgust. "Do you think you're a king or something."

       I jumped onto my bed so I was standing. "I am the king of....of...."

       "Weirdness?"

       "Shush, no," I said. "Hold on, let me think...." While I was thinking, Genesis threw the pillow at me and it hit me in the face. "Oh, you're on!" I jumped off the bed.

       "What are you going to do?" she asked, sticking out her tongue.

       I went to the mini fridge near my bed and pulled out a can of whipped cream. "This calls for some sweet, sweet revenge."

       "Don't you dare," she said.

       "I'll do it."

       "I swear, Zander, if you spray whipped cream on my...." I cut her off when I sprayed her. "You didn't."

       "I did."

       She stood up and tried grabbing the whipped cream from me, but I held it out of her reach. "Zander, give me the can!"

      "You'll have to kiss me for it."

      Genesis shrugged and cupped my face in her hands before pressing her lips on mine. I relaxed into the kiss, which gave Genesis the perfect opportunity to snatch the whipper cream. She then pulled away and sprayed me. "Ha!" she said. "Never let your guard down!"

       I then smiled at her, which made her very confused. I then tackled her onto the couch, hovering over her and giving her a smile, both of our faces filled with whipped cream. "I win."

       "Win what?" she asked. "If anything, I win."

       "No way," I said. "You have more whipped cream on you."

       I forgot that she still had the can, she she sprayed even more whipped cream on me, covering my mouth completely. "I'm sorry, what was that?" she asked.

       I rolled my eyes before leaning down and pressing my lips on hers. I then pulled away and smiled. "We should kiss with whipped cream on my often," I said.

       "You're such a goof," she said, then looked at her laptop before looking back at me. "Uh, Zander?"

       "Yeah?" 

       "The video is still recording. Get off, I'll finish it."

       I sat down on the couch and Genesis went back to where she was sitting and looked in the camera. "So....Yeah, that's about it." She then stopped the recording. "Well....That did not go as planned."

        "I forgot the camera was there," I said. "I was getting so caught up in having fun with you that I didn't remember."

       Genesis gave me a smile. "Just think, all your fans get to see what you're really like," she said. "A fun and lovable guy. Unless you want me to cut that part out."

       I shook my head. "No, keep it. It will be a start for me getting used to being in front of people."

_________________

I loved writing that scene. cx Zenesis is so cute.

So if any of you read the Wilde series, you probably saw me freaking out over my WiFi not working and that I was about to cry because of it. cx It was so annoying, but it has been working for the past two hours so I think it's good. cx